Mazda CX5 A Pillar Removal

shovett

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello All

I have just got a Viofo A119 and I want to hardwire it to my car 2015 Mazda CX5. I have all the bits, cam, hardwire kit and fuse tap. but I am worried about removing the A Pillar to feed the wire down to the fuse box.

If anyone has done it, how easy does the A Pillar cover come on and off? I have watched a few videos and they make it look easy to pull off, but they never show putting it back. I'd hate to break the cover.

I am concerned about the curtain airbags, damaging them or even worse going off during install. I understand I need to go under the airbag, but very nervous to start pulling bits off.

Any help advice would be great.

Thanks

thought I would update my own post...I disconnected the battery and then pulled the A pillar cover up and out. Came off easily..went back on easily.

I'd like to thanks user Shovett for their help with this...you saved me a lot of time and worry.

I'd had offered advice if I had any, but you are more familiar with that car than me so anything I said would have been rather lame.

Phil

'd had offered advice if I had any

what a numpty...offered..offered what? no familiarity at all..I was just looking for help...but met with the usual twat that has to say something when they have nothing note worthy to say. You obviously missed the joke...just jumped on the numpty bang wagon.

Joke? It seemed to me that you were bashing the whole forum with thanking yourself as if we are worthless people who do not help others. Nothing can be farther from the truth than that :mad:

The reason nobody responded is that nobody here would intentionally mislead you, and since we didn't know we didn't post. My response above was simply saying exactly that. And if you were to look around this site, you'd find that dozens of us do all we can to help others- this websites finest quality IMHO. We don't appreciate NED's coming here bashing members or this site (n)

Phil

Joke? It seemed to me that you were bashing the whole forum with thanking yourself as if we are worthless people who do not help others. Nothing can be farther from the truth than that :mad:

The reason nobody responded is that nobody here would intentionally mislead you, and since we didn't know we didn't post. My response above was simply saying exactly that. And if you were to look around this site, you'd find that dozens of us do all we can to help others- this websites finest quality IMHO. We don't appreciate NED's coming here bashing members or this site (n)

Phil

Sadly Phil I think it is you doing the bashing of members. I haven't said anything to any member at all...just made a joke..which you obviously didn't get or find funny. That says a lot more about you than me. Where as you attacked me publicly in this forum. I never mentioned worthless..only you did.

I did look around the forum, and that's why I posted my question.

You're obviously very highly strung and over react to anything you don't like or read. As you stated yourself, "it seemed to me". No one else has reacted. In fact I got two likes!

Delete the thread if it is so offensive to all members. Delete my account if you can.

I apologise to any member that took offence to my "joke". To you Phil..have a holiday and relax a bit. Watch some comedy...English preferably, and then you might, I stress might just get it. Stupid emoji should be here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JimSar DIY Projects 18
Back