Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
dear DashCamTalk guys,
I just found InnOvv made some post here, and a blog at http://innovvactioncam.blogspot.com, which said MEG S6 copied InnOvv C1. So I have to login to tell you the story.
(Rock, please understand you push us to this situation.)

Our engineer, Mr Long, was a good frind with Rock in the past years, even eat together, live together, share together.
On the middle on 2013, Rock told Mr L there should be business opportunity in camera field, it will be great to work together to make a brilliant camera, they can make money from this.
Mr Long started marketing research, ID design, camera struture design, mold and samples preparing; and Rock work on marketing and communicate with firmware design company.
Everything seems great, the partnership is growing fast, until...
some day, Rock told Mr Long, I would like to purchase the C1 housing accessories from you, please be my supplier, I will give you $0.4 margin on this.
What is happening? the partner become a cheap vendor? is this the business method Rock want? What a shame!

When the first time Mr Long tell the story, we are shocked, how will this happen, how will InnOvv growing, how will InnOvv's feature be? We can't understand. MONEY makes people abandon their firends & parteners? CRAZY!

Then, Mr Long joined MEG for struture design work. He like the C1 design he made, he spend a lot of energy and time and money on that product, he would like to make a new C1 which can last the design spirit, then MEG S6 come out, gather with the feedbacks on DashCamTalk threads. MEG made S6 to be a finished camera.
After S6, MEG upgraded the design with a 1.5inch TFT but kept the same housing dimension, to be S7 and S8. S7 have the lens at front and S8 lens at top side. S7 and S8 are using 5 key button with a UI never shown befor. We believe those products will be brilliant for all camera fanatics.
S6, S7, S8 all base on Novatek NT96650 chipset with AR0330 sensor, for heat control.

We exhibited the new S7 and S8 design on Global Sourcing Fair in Hongkong as our pop products and got a lot of praise. Mr Long is very glad his products are welcome, and MEG is glad to achieve the promise to Mr Long.

Anyway, MEG is focus on products and respect for any comments. MEG is not good at marketing in fact so most of our products are with the other brands' logo.
MEG have a long term development planning.
MEG keeps commitment for every employee, partener, customer, and vendors.

Rock, a advice for you: BE A GENTLEMAN. MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING.

And, we will cut off the InnOvv C1 housing supply from now on.
And, the S6 camera patent number is 201330627408.8. We will keep the right for lawsuit if you continue to slander MEG.
And, thank you all guys for watching this. If you are interested in the story, we can share more details.

S.jpg

We don't have the permissioin to comment Rock's blog, maybe Rock don't want to display the negative news.

Any way, we will igrone it and focus on products. Argue means nothing.

As i mentioned how sad with you!

You copied INNOVV, now you make the story to insult my friend! He could not understand English!

You said you will stop INNOVV?

As a Chinese, I am so shame with you!

You are young, you are able to create new products, not omly copy!
You has responsible to change people's mind that Chinese only can copy! With cheap product!

You are young but you did what you shoukd not do!

Rock, first, please fonfirm, if the story is truth, or my fabrication?

you must know where the INNOVV C1 ID came from, who keeps patent, and where are the tooling, then you consider if it is a "COPY".

MEG always build new products, for example the upgraded S7 and S8. maybe you will come to say they are InnOvv copies some day?
Jon and Niko may tell you about MEG's new product also. MEG is professional on creation.
(MEG have the patents.)

As you just placed 1000pcs C1 housings' order days before, we will perform our contract. But after this order, you need to think about a new tooling if you still want this ID from Mr Long; or you can make a new ID. (please consider the patent issue at the same time.)
we will not fight with anyone in the business world. but if anybody want to fight, we take the challenge.

Last edited:
Reactions: map
Rayman, as mentioned as Chinese I am shy to talk with you. I don't want to bother people in this case! You should know how hard Niko worked on INNOVV testing at last year!

You made the story and now you are talking about the patent, how boring you are!

People respect the creating not the Copy!
I believe people will see how the new development INNOVV will bring out!

yes we respect all the hard works engineers made, will never kick our partenners off. Just hope you will treasure your friends in future, they are your indispensible fortune.

"made the story" ok at least you havent use "fabricate". so the history is clear for everybody.

Looking forwards the new camera Innovv will bring. As product manager I am glad to see new cameras make users happy. Good Luck!

I wish this thread is just about products with detail specification, performance, battery size, bit rates, components, price range etc on S7 which is more interesting to readers in this forum.
For sure these units will be even harder to dis-assemble and re-assemble..
I can see it uses a 5 pin mini usb.

Picture of inside will be great.

Back