MeHome MC1 (GearBest) Hisilicon Hi3516C

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
Today we are going to take a look at a MeHome MC1 that GearBest has sent my way.
This camera is a little unquie for two reasons. One is that it can take a picture when you wave your hand across the lens area, the second is that it uses an interesting chipset. The Hisilicon Hi3516C_V100

Unboxing

Spec Shortlist

Hardware
Chipset: Hisilicon Hi3516C V100
CMOS: Exmor
Battery: No
USB Plug: Micro
FOV: 156

Firmware
Loop: 3 Min only can't change
WDR: Always on
Voice Prompts: On/Off (Not in English)
Can not rotate video in settings even though it looks like you could dash mount it

File Properties
Audio Chanel: Stero
Audio Codec: MP4A
Audio Bitrate: 16 kbps (That's not a typo audio seems a bit muffled as well)
Video Codec: AVC1
Video Container: MP4
Video Bitrate: 8393kbps (Roughly 8Mb)
Size: 180.1 Mb (Per 3 min file)

Card Used: Gigastone PNY 32GB Class 10
Projected Recording Time: 9 Hours
Product Page: Here
DCT Contact: @GearBest

Last edited:
Day
Here is a shot right from the camera using the hand swipe.
1flHKIi.jpg

Last edited:
Night
pICJ2jB.png

That's a GT880s that made it into the shot didn't realize it was over so far.

Last edited:
Notes
This is another one of those cameras that seem to have the WiFi set to always on. The camera does not seem to get as hot as my 0902, but the heat does seem to affect the focus a little. As soon as I can get some videos up after I can get the 3 mins cut down a little I will

Camera can be mounted both ways on Dash facing up or on windscreen facing down. Video seems to auto rotate.

Last edited:
Interesting design... bullet tip? ;)
Sure looks like it a little. I'm trying to cut some one min segments to post, but the time slider freezes are zero while the video plays correctly in Registrator Viewer so I can't more it, and I can not figure out how to cut video in DashCam Viewer

pronounced like it's two words, 'high silicone'
Thanks

Last edited:
Saw it on Gearbest when it was on sale a few days ago... Was interested in it but didn't find any info/reviews.

Was interested in it but didn't find any info/reviews.
It has been okay so far. Things seem a little blurry further away, but seem to be clear close up. It has been a bit hot here and having the WiFi on all the time does not help.

7ypp5XQ.png

v8ryIR8.png

U7BGUOu.png

b6iAzwy.png

Oj1r0pK.png

I think that hisilicon chipset is more targeted on IP cameras, it do allso support micro SD and if my memory serve me right USB too.

Throw a Sony IMX 185 in it.

Here's how the gesture photography works... Ignore the D201...

New OTA update...

1. New display logo
2. New prompt music
3. Optimize system performance
4. Solved iOS local player video sound problem

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160420-184058.png
    Screenshot_20160420-184058.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 6
New OTA update
Can you link me to the Android app? I accidentally deleted it off my device and it is not on my PlayStore.
Thanks.

Never mind lucky had it bookmarked
For anyone else it is here
Mine still says is late-est firmware. Is there a firmware file I can put on the memory card?

@CheckYourLights Thanks for your shaing. Do you have fun with the gesture induction photograph?;)
You are welcome. I wish it triggered a video file lock over taking a picture, but it's a neat idea.

Now that I got DashCamViewer to work on my PC I should have more clips up soon.

Last edited:
I got the latest version of the android app from here... Version 1.8.0408...

http://app.mi.com/detail/323525?ref=search

You click on the orange button in the middle to download that reads 直接下载

Is your MC1 firmware version 0.0.2.7? That's the latest...

Can you link me to the Android app? I accidentally deleted it off my device and it is not on my PlayStore.
Thanks.

Never mind lucky had it bookmarked
For anyone else it is here
Mine still says is late-est firmware. Is there a firmware file I can put on the memory card?

You are welcome. I wish it triggered a video file lock over taking a picture, but it's a neat idea.

Now that I got DashCamViewer to work on my PC I should have more clips up soon.

Is your MC1 firmware version 0.0.2.7? That's the latest
I'm not sure how to check. It just says it is the late-est. On my phone I can only eitiher be on WiFi (to camera) or 4G so maybe I am not able to update it because I can't connect to the camera and 4G to download it at the same time.

Just looked at the audio. The audio is very low bitrate and seems a bit muffled.

I'm not sure how to check. It just says it is the late-est. On my phone I can only eitiher be on WiFi (to camera) or 4G so maybe I am not able to update it because I can't connect to the camera and 4G to download it at the same time.

Can you run the app without connecting to the mc1 first as mine detected new firmware this way and downloaded the firmware on my phone. Then connect to the mc1 and updated. Much came like the Xiaomi Yi dashcam...

Back