Mehome MD2 / AutoVox D7 Dash camera problem

Jor-el

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Hi guys, this is a plea for help; I'm desperate. :( Mods, If this is the wrong subforum please move this to the relevant section.

So, I have a Mehome MD2 dash camera.
Since upgrading the firmware via the mobile app, the camera doesn't record videos. I tried a different TF card but the problem persists.

The manufacturer (Mehome) seems to have closed up shop. I tried contacting them from their facebook page asking for an older firmware but they do not respond.

Their official website (mehome.tv) has been taken down, I managed to find a webpage where the manufacturer has shared the firmware via archive.org but the links doesn't work.

Webpage : https://web.archive.org/web/20170823090230/http://bbs.mehome.tv/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=822&extra=page=1

So, after failing every attempt to find the firmware through the manufacturer, I searched for dashcams which share the same chipset; found out that the "Auto-VOX D7" is an exact replica of the Mehome MD2. (Or they outsource it from the same third-party manufacturer.)

Contacted auto-vox, they flat-out refused to share the firmware for the D7 with me.

As you can see I'm out of options. Is there anything I could do besides trashing my brick of a dashcam? :(

I'll share the specs of the dash cam:

PROCESSOR: Hisilicon 3516C_V200
Language OSD: Chinese / English
Image sensor: Panasonic MN34227 CMOS sensor
lens: 6-glasses, 165 degrees wide angle, F1.8
wi-fi: 2.4GHz, 802.11b / g / n
resolution: Full HD 1080 P (1920 * 1080 (16: 9), @ 30fps)
Audio: 8KHz, 2 channels, AAC
size: 80mm x 41mm x 41mm
working temperature: -20 to 70 degrees
image format: JPG
video format: mp4
memory cards: Class 10 to 64 GB
operating voltage and current: 5 V / 1A

Thanks! Please help if you can. Sorry for my bad English.

you might be able to use the Mehome MC6 firmware, internal hardware and function is the same, it's a more popular model than the MD2 that is sold under a bunch of different brands

you might be able to use the Mehome MC6 firmware, internal hardware and function is the same, it's a more popular model than the MD2 that is sold under a bunch of different brands

Thanks for the reply! Any idea what the other brands are?

do you know what version number you had and have now?

Yes, I had 0.0.2.1, now I have 0.0.2.5.

I managed to extract 0.0.2.5 upgrade download files from the phone's cache and reflash it but it didn't solve the problem; I reckon I have to rollback to the previous version or a version before 0.0.2.5 as the issue started as soon as I upgraded to 0.0.2.5.

just had a look at the three different brands the MC6 is sold under here (Gator, Dashmate, Kapture) but none of them list any firmware, the version you have is now exclusive to Auto-VOX, might be a struggle

just had a look at the three different brands the MC6 is sold under here (Gator, Dashmate, Kapture) but none of them list any firmware, the version you have is now exclusive to Auto-VOX, might be a struggle

Thanks for taking time to look it up for me. Asking AutoVox for the firmware files didn't work out. I'm out of options now :/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Dash Cam Discussion 0
M Dash Cam Discussion 2
Back