Memory card compatability

Hi,
I had to change my kingston 64 gb for a 32 gb from Sandisk. I was getting a lot of corrupted *.mov files. I also tried a Samsung Evo, not good enough...

Currently I am alternating between these two. No problems so far.
IMG_0958.JPG

Too expensive for now. You'd be better of having a few 32-64G onces. It will make diagnosing card problems easier.

I am getting the 128GB, since I need enough space to record while the car is parked, but just wanted to know if anyone tried it yet. Is there a technical reason is should not work?

They cost less than $50, so per GB they are actually cheaper than the 64GB cards.

Last edited:
Thansk. FAT32 should not be a limiting problem, so I guess I'll just have to try. Other cams like the BV 650 etc. that states 64GB max can use 128GB just fine. I hope the same applies to the nano Q. :)

we tested Sandisk 128G and Samsung EVO 128G works ok in our lab,
but it is limited to 64GB in Novatek spec.

Sorry to dig an old topic...
Dashman1, how did it go, can you use 128Gb cards or not?

-eelis-

Does it have to be in FAT32 format? I formatted this one in exFAT32, and it does not work. The cam show "Insert memory card" on the first screen, even I had already put it in.

image.jpg

Well, so it says in instructions. They have included a fat 32 formatter in their web site.

-eelis-

I have Transcend Premium 400x 64GB installed and about 30% of last mov files are corrupted. Last means the file which is contain the moment of switch off the engine (and switching off the dashcam at the same time).
I am using currently the latest firmware from official site 2016.12.26.
Not sure that the issue with a sd card but the thinking is to try some 32 GB card instead. What is the most popular and stable card to try, transcend high endurance 32gb?

Back