Memory Card - Compatibility

waqasahmed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First of all Blackvue says that any non Blackvue micro SD cards invalidate the warranty, so I'd do this a year after given I've got a year's worth of warranty atm

I've seen this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07CYFR48N
And this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07P4HBRMV
Albeit cheaper at Lambda Tek

I can't seem to find a Samsung one that goes up to 256GB too.

What do people recommend? Both for 128GB and 256GB micro SD cards.

Thanks

It's not what they say but what the have written in their warranty what matters. Have you checked their written warranty? I contacted them some 3 months ago and they emailed me on how to format my non-BV SD card for my BV cam. Nothing was written about invalidating their warranty, and my dashcam has been working perfectly well since. BTW, dashcam thecnology is advancing so rapidly, chances are the warranty will have expired by the time it's time to get a new dashcam any way.

It's not what they say but what the have written in their warranty what matters. Have you checked their written warranty? I contacted them some 3 months ago and they emailed me on how to format my non-BV SD card for my BV cam. Nothing was written about invalidating their warranty, and my dashcam has been working perfectly well since. BTW, dashcam thecnology is advancing so rapidly, chances are the warranty will have expired by the time it's time to get a new dashcam any way.
It looks like Blackvue supports at least this:

But maybe not the WDD100T1P0C purple card, yet.

The SD Association is full of info about card standards and is definitely worth a browse
.... and if someone with better eyes or equipment than me could have a look in the 900X card slot and tell me how many rows of pins there are, I'll be forever grateful.
See here for details.

Okie dokie, Nath. Good data. You make my OCD happy happy.
From what I've read, I'm guessing that . . . . . . . .
MLC is essential due to more writes between failures, therefore longer lifespan.
Terms like durable, extreme, pro etc may not mean MLC, just waterproof, zombie apocalypseproof etc.
Not all manufacturers like to tell you if they're MLC or not.
UHS-I, XC-I, U3 is the max that the 900x can spit out and are likely to be ideal.
Higher specs than that are a waste of $ and may degrade your performance.
As long as the above conditions are met, V30 is OK, but nothing less.
BlackVue won't tell you if the specs of their own cards.
BlackVue says 256GB is the max capacity, although the chipset says otherwise.
Due to the worldwide memory famine, you could be buying cheap crap for big $.

PLEASE tear my thoughts to shreds. My OCD needs accuracy, not approval.
Interweb likes are akin to Monopoly dollars.

Back