Memory card doesn't eject

Nuuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Git Pro 2
I've been more than happy with my Git2, but this morning I went to take the card out of the camera, and found that it was jammed. I managed to pry it out very carefully, but putting it back in again, I could tell that the ejection mechanism isn't working.

Can I fix this myself, and if so, how?

I had similar problem, try to unscrew the front panel very little to get rid of the presssure against the chipset and it might be smooth again..

I had similar problem, try to unscrew the front panel very little to get rid of the presssure against the chipset and it might be smooth again..
Thanks, but that didn't work. The situation now is that to get a card out of the camera I have to pry it out with a tiny screwdriver. But that has now trashed a £15 memory card so I won't be doing that any more.

Gitup appear not to want to address this problem, despite my post on this forum, and on their own, and contacting via their contact form. The Ebay supplier of my Git 2 appears to have disappeared, and I am now left with a camera that I can't use only six months after buying it. When working the Git 2 is great, but mine is not.

My recommendation, use the minisub cable instead of being constantly removing the microsd from that little flimsy mechanism.
Good plan, the USB cable is a perfectly good way to access the files, and a lot cheaper than getting it repaired. Even if it is under warrantee, without your supplier dealing with it you would need to send it to China which will be expensive on the postage.

Mine also got a card stuck in it, but it is working again now. I guess I got a tiny bit of dirt in the mechanism which has now come out again. Try giving the slot a blast with either a can of compressed air or a camera lens blower, or possibly a clean bicycle pump...

Tiny little buggars and they do nor tolerate any force or abuse before something gets bent and things go wrong. All it takes is once :eek:

The card sockets are rather generic and it's likely that a really good PC technician could replace it locally for a whole lot less than shipping to China ;) Do ask them ahead of time if they've done this kind of thing before- many PC techs just replace boards and don't solder well enough for this kind of delicate work. It's a piece of cake for those with experience :)

Phil

I've been more than happy with my Git2, but this morning I went to take the card out of the camera, and found that it was jammed. I managed to pry it out very carefully, but putting it back in again, I could tell that the ejection mechanism isn't working.

Can I fix this myself, and if so, how?
Use an (old) credit card (sideway), pushing (using a corner of) the SD card in : it always worked for me both ways: Putting it in as well as ejecting it..
Pushing it in slowly to install... but a quick push to eject.

Last edited:
IMO, It doesn't matter how many contact vias you use...that doesn't make your problem a GitUp's responsibility if it's really not. Probably, as many other issues posted here, the problem starts for not being carefully enough with the daily use of the camera.

Off Topic.

I've seen many people on YT having less than minimal habilities to handle products carefully (when reviewing or unboxing, they drop them, scratch them, knock them, put lenses and screens over rough surfaces, etc, etc, etc) so i know that not all the people is carefull in the same degree when dealing with this kind of gadgets.

My recommendation, use the minisub cable instead of being constantly removing the microsd from that little flimsy mechanism.

If it wasn't Gitup's responsibility, then why did they reply to me saying that they would get back to me?

As regards me damaging the camera, I can only say that my Pentax LX, purchased by me in 1981 is still working fine, as are my other four cameras. I don't abuse anything that I own because I don't have the financial clout to come by these things easily.

Thanks for the suggestion of using the USB lead, but the video will not play over that connection.

I have now located the seller, and the matter will hopefully be sorted out.

Thanks for the suggestion of using the USB lead, but the video will not play over that connection.
They should play over the USB on a modern computer, if the computer is not fast enough then you can copy them onto your computer's internal drive before playing them.

Problem eventually sorted. The Git2 was returned to the supplier for a full refund, and I have bought another.

Back