Memory Card Error

TourbusGuy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VicoVation Opia II, Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO.
Hello,

I just installed a Lexar 64GB High Performance Class 10 SDXC card in my new Marcus 3. It continues to say "card error". I did format the card in the computer & then in the camera. It still says card error. I had an extra SanDisk Ultra 32GB SDHC, so I popped it in and it seems to work.
My questions are; what 64 or 128 GB cards will work the best & what is the proper format, NTSB, ExFat, or Fat 32 and what sectors?
Getting ready to take a trip to Toronto & would like to see how good this camera performs.

Thanks guys!

I formatted Amazon ASIN B00CHHTOII a Transcend 64GB card in my Marcus 3 and have no card issues. I did have issues with card errors with this card before i updated to the newer firmware. Is your Marcus 3 updated?

I don't know much about Lexar brand products. I remember a few years ago that they would cause issues when used in something I think it may have been a PlayStation handheld gaming system, but I can't recall. I just remember people advising to stay away from what ever kind of memory card it uses.

I finally was able to update the camera & then format the Lexar card after downloading a few patches for my old XP system. I believe it's exFat. I just put it in the camera, formatted it & everything appears good. Still haven't figured how to make it record longer files.
I have been using Lexar Pro Compact Disk & Pro SDHC cards for several years in my Canon DSLR. They have worked great shooting video.
Thanks so much for your help!

I have a Lexar Card soo, and it have been working in whatever i have put it into.

But i have to admit it died within the first week or 2 i got it, but it was the best service i have ever gotten as it was just a matter of providing my name and adress,and a new Card was in the mailbox 2 days later.
And the 2 one have been working flawless for about a year by now, and it is currently under heavy load as it reside in my 4 channel DVR,and is recording footage from 3 cctv cameras 24/7.

I would emagine 64 Gb shouldent be a problem for the M3, but in your case it might need to be "motivated" by sdformatter 4.0, i know i had to do that to get my 64 Gb Card working in my 2 small cameras ( innovv C1 and mobius )

Dont use the "quick" option in sdformatter 4.0 that dident Work for me and my Little cameras witch isent meant to support 64 Gb Cards

I think its not possible to change the segment length on the markus cameras, its 5 minutes if my memory serve me right.

Allso i do belive there is some software witch can stitch all your 5 min clips together to 1 long clip, but it is not somthing i use so some of the other Guys will have to jump in here.

Last edited:
I just put two video clips on Youtube.

Lot of road noise as it was a very old bus for another company I fill in for. the windshield was dirty & I will put the circular polarizer filter on next time. I plugged in the GPS mouse, but didn't check any settings. I will be driving the new bus to Toronto next week, so hoping to get some good footage.

Hello Kamkar@ ! Tell me please exactly the parameters of your 64 GB microSd (eventually link to buy it ) used in your Mobius ! What is your Mobius firmware ? What are the steps in formatting this microSD card ( what settings have to put in that software ) as for a newbie I am ! I want to use a verified experience with this bigger microsd card for Mobius to avoid unnecessary and pricey testing with other ones ! Than you in advance !

Back