Memory Card for Mobius.

pool275

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi,

yesterday I bought a Mobius (normal version) and I'm looking for a memory that would be a best option for me and that would work 100% with the dash cam.

I want to be able to record ~80-90 min of footage in 720p. I don't want to buy the most expensive one that there is on a market, but I want a good quality.

Which one would you recommend to me?

I used a couple of these last week - they're overkill in terms of space but they're cheap for 32GB and they work well:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00J29D62Y
With that card you would easily be able to record many hours at 720p.

Stay away from cards on eBay as there are way too many fakes out there.

The Mobius has good card compatibility over most cameras so your choice is much bigger.

what about Transcend 32GB Class 10? it's a bit cheaper than Samsung and I've read that it works fine with Mobius too.

4 hours? that's great news! I was worried I won't be able to get 1 hour of footage in 1080p :p

Anything like that should be fine - just avoid eBay :)

The Samsung was only £10 a couple of weeks ago so it's gone up, but Transcend, Samsung and the like should all be fine.

I've got a Sandisk Ultra in there at the moment for testing to see if it works or not.

You'd only get an hour with an 8GB card but the 32GB are a sweet spot price wise right now :)

thank you for all the help :) I think I'll go with Transcend to save some money :p

great :) now I'm convinced. OK, last question, do you think that I made a good choice by buying Mobius as a dash cam? I got a good price for it and went for it, but now I checked the forum and wonder if other model would be better, fr example LS300W?

To be honest I really like the Mobius - it doesn't have lens issues in hot weather like a lot of the DOD models have :)

Plus you get loads of new features with the Mobius which you could only dream of having with the DOD!

The DOD cameras are nice, but they have their flaws and the cost is too much just for their name.

In future I'm listening to Rick more :)

well, you calmed me down a bit :p I was a bit angry at myself for not checking other options before purchase. But I paid 58$ and got a free suction cup so I guess it was a good deal :) In the package there is no car charger, right? where can I get one? or can I use the one that I use for my phone?

That's right - just get a decent USB car charger than can supply 1A or greater and you should be good - if you already have a phone charger then check the specs and if it outputs 1A or above you're good.

I personally use two of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00E1UWA4O
To be honest if you went straight for the Mobius then consider yourself lucky - there are much worse options on the market!

I think the Mobius is a great dashcam. If I didn't have the desire for GPS and G-force, then I'd have two of them. Since I did want GPS and G-force, I decided to get the Mobius for the rear and the Mini 0803 for the front.
Lately I have been thinking about reversing them for quality reasons although the Mini 0803 is just too big for the rear and is much better suited hiding behind the rearview mirror.

I like the Mobius so much I have been thinking about getting another as an action / just for fun camera.

Since I did want GPS and G-force, I decided to get the Mobius for the rear and the Mini 0803 for the front.
Lately I have been thinking about reversing them for quality reasons although the Mini 0803 is just too big for the rear and is much better suited hiding behind the rearview mirror.

In deciding to get a dash cam I was torn between the Mobius and Mini 0803, but in the end the Mini 0803 just doesn't seem to be ready for prime time. Reliability issues, loose mount (even the new improved one), intermittent contact pins, and just stupid firmware things like boot up screens and noises you can't turn off, with the Mini 0803 convinced me to go with the Mobius. Sure there are some features on the Mini 0803 that I wanted, but reliability was way at the top of my list and I feel the Mobius is way ahead of the Mini 0803 in that regard.

well, you calmed me down a bit :p I was a bit angry at myself for not checking other options before purchase. But I paid 58$ and got a free suction cup so I guess it was a good deal :) In the package there is no car charger, right? where can I get one? or can I use the one that I use for my phone?

I have done impulse purchases too but in this case I think you got lucky. I believe you will like the small size and performance of the Mobius. You can get better cameras but they will cost you 4 times more. For the price the Mobius can't be beat.

As far as USB car chargers, check Ebay. I got one for .06 US dollars (6 cents) with free shipping and a windshield sticky mount for the same price shipped free. They usually go for more but I guess no one saw these items at the time the auction was ending. They are coming from China so will see if I get them and if they work.

Update: Received the 6 cent charger today but instead of one they sent me two, a black one and a white one.

Last edited:
i use transcend 300x on every cam / phone

well, I'd be a little affraid to use a 6 cent charger with my dash cam :D what voltage does the Mobius require?

Back