Memory card for Street Guardian dashcams

walker4

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am planning to buy two Street Guardian SGGCX2 2018 dashcams. But I also want to buy extra memory cards. Can I buy any brand memory card? Currently I have a Thinkware dashcam for which I can buy only Thinkware branded memory cards.

Also, where does one buy Street Guardian dashcam. They have three dealers listed on their website for US: BDTuning, Dashcam Bros and K&M Customs. The first two have a website listed the third does not have a website. Probably I will buy from Amazon or Dashcam Bros.

@jokiin walker4 this will bring a post that Street Guardian just made (you might be interested in it). You would be way ahead things if you got everything you need at one time from him. then you would have someone to go back to that has probably the best reputation in the dash cam business for looking after his customers after the sale. Highly recommended. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...timed-low-battery-discharge-prevention.34957/

Talk with him, he knows the business inside and out!

Last edited:
Lola do you mean @jokiin or have I got that wrong :unsure:

Lola do you mean @jokiin or have I got that wrong :unsure:

Either one they are associates (I think) jokin is the one that usually answers questions and Street Guardian handles the business end. I noticed I spelt jokiin wrong above, I'll fix.

@Street Guardian USA is the US distributor and can look after you locally with the product, they run the Amazon store there also so if you do prefer to buy from Amazon that's who will be looking after you anyway, I think they can do better pricing off Amazon if you want to save some money (Amazon takes 10% off the top), as far as memory cards go we look at supporting the widest range of cards rather than locking the cameras down to overpriced proprietary cards like some others do, among others Samsung U3, SanDisk A1, Toshiba or any of the High Endurance cards are all suitable, main concern with cards is to make sure you get genuine product, there's a lot of fake media in the market unfortunately

I ended up ordering those two dashcams from Dashcam Bros since they had a $10 off coupon compared to Amazon. I did try to order from the Street Guardian US website earlier in the day but could not see any web page for ordering the SGGCX2.

I ended up ordering those two dashcams from Dashcam Bros since they had a $10 off coupon compared to Amazon. I did try to order from the Street Guardian US website earlier in the day but could not see any web page for ordering the SGGCX2.

There is an extra layer (marketing page) that might have sent you down the wrong path. Clicking the Shop Now button is the way to go on our site.

Either way, welcome to the X2 Club!

I see. Probably I missed the "Shop now". After delaying for months I was in a hurry to finish the ordering yesterday especially after the release of Pro ver of this dashcam. I was afraid maybe this dashcam won't be produced anymore and I really wanted only a one and only one channel dashcam.

I have two of the X2 cameras myself. I am using the Samsung evo Select U1 and the Sandisk Ultra A1 64gb in both cameras. No issues what so ever with either card. The SanDisk Ultra A1 also works quite well in my finicky Thinkware F770. I am also running an old firmware in the Thinkware.

I see. Probably I missed the "Shop now". After delaying for months I was in a hurry to finish the ordering yesterday especially after the release of Pro ver of this dashcam. I was afraid maybe this dashcam won't be produced anymore and I really wanted only a one and only one channel dashcam.

The SGGCX2PRO comes as a single channel model by default. If you don’t add the optional rear camera the benefit is you can record 60 frames per second. The new 2 piece cord cover is quite nice as well.

SGGCX2PRO replaces the SGGCX2 moving forward. (Nearly sold out of SGGCX2)

Back