Memory Cards - 128Gb and Highest Capacity

worfie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did some research and due to reported issues with various memory cards, I contacted UK Support, who advised the Q800 Pro 'supports UHS-1 micro SD cards'. I bought a 128Gb Sandisk extreme, which does NOT work, despite being UHS-1 (and is a Standard, therefore, ALL UHS-1 cards SHOULD work).
So have to spend again. Having paid considerably more than most other dash cams, for what should be a 'premium' product, I do not wish to grease Thinkware's grubby mitts any further.
Two Questions:-
1) What 128Gb cards are people using successfully?
2) What is the highest capacity card, which works without issues (have seen the Sandisk 400Gb referenced in this forum)?

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi @worfie,

Although I use a Viofo A119 V3, I found the Samsung EVO Plus 128 GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 Memory Card with Adapter to be good and a reasonable price from Amazon UK. Running at 2560x1440P, 30FPS, I can get around 8 hours of recording time.

Personally, I'd rather have a few 128GB cards than one 400GB or 512GB card. This goes back to when I used to do a lot of photography and it was always best to regularly swap SD cards in case of a failure. Old habits die hard.

As with all (Micro) SD cards, the key is to regularly fully format them although your dashcam may then need to reformat the card before it can use the card.

Regards,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MissDank Q800 / Q800 PRO 19
J Q800 / Q800 PRO 23
Back