Memory cards working with the A139

If Viofo app gives an error, you need to do a quick format using Windows and then Viofo app formats the memory card without giving an error.
Wow this worked, thank you. I will report back when the card is full.

im using since some month the samsung evo (red one) with 512gb - works perfect.

So now having used the 1TB WD for about a month, is the card working properly? Have you checked recordings? No Gaps? Errors? Freezes with the Viofo A139?
It's not like I checked every individual video file for missing footage since I installed the SDcards but haven't noticed anything suspicious and even FTP or App don't seem any slower.

Samsung Evo Select (blue) 512gb started to fail - not able to record normal driving footage, works fine in parking mode. Back to my old trusty 128gb Evo+...
1643441550721.png

My 1TB SanDisk Extreme is working fine, and has done 2 write cycles.
The @viofo Android app doesn't cope with listing all the videos, but the videos are fine when the card is used in a card reader. Perhaps the API needs paging and the app download the list in short segments, with a progress bar.

SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS EVO Select 256GB MicroSDXC UHS-I (MB-ME256HA) from Amazon. I've been running this for 2.5 months and have filled it many times. No issues at all. So far it's been running in ambient temps from about 10-70F. No hot weather yet.

61wKZ4noXaL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

Uses a viofo card 128GB.
Previous camera I used an ultra from sandisk 128GB fat32, Holds over a year and does not spoil.

I got the constant beeps today with my 1TB. Restart did not fix. I tried formatting on the app and it said format failed. I checked the card on a PC and it is fine.

256GB for safe max then?

Paul.

Confirmed 1TB now broken after just a few months. RIP

Thats a damn thing, but it is not the size of the card that did itself in, though with more memory there will of course also be a larger chance of some of it failing.
I dont think i would be brave enough to buy a 1TB card unless it had warranty for use in dashcams, hell i would even prefer that for 256Gb cards.

I have a brand new 256GB Samsung card lying ready for service, it is the new white EVO plus card, it is my first ever Samsung card.
sammyevoplus.jpg

Last edited:
Kambar be sure to run H2testw to check your card.

The assembled 512GB card is causing problems, the camera suddenly froze, Only after restarting does the camera return to work.
Could be the card doing the problems?

The assembled 512GB card is causing problems, the camera suddenly froze, Only after restarting does the camera return to work.
Could be the card doing the problems?
Maybe. Try another memory card of the same or smaller capacity.

Has anyone found a reliable 512 or 1TB card for the A139?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D A139 6
R A139 4
Back