Memory cards

Gozoman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the Blackvue 750 2CH fitted with a 16GB Micro SD card. I want to fit a larger card the ideal being a 128GB one but I can't afford to pay £199 for the Blackvue one. I've been told that some cards are better than others and that some are just rubbish, so I was wondering what other owners were using? Whilst I would like a 128GB card I may settle for a 64GB one if it does the job okay. I was told that Lexar cards were good so I bought one of a seller on eBay. Probably not the best idea I've had. When I tested the card it was a fake so I sent it back to the seller who was very surprised he said but gave me a full refund. What would be a good card to buy and where is the best place to buy them to avoid fakes?

Cards with MLC cells, usually sold as “endurance” cards, should work best (much longer life span). I have the Samsung Endurance Pro 128GB with 5yrs warranty even for 24/7 recording.

I have the Samsung EVO 128GB red and also the old orange. Both works fine on my 750S

EVO (like most cards) is TLC with a couple hundred overwrites. MLC has a couple thousand overwrites so lifespan is 10 times longer. More importantly the probability of card death (no more writing) is significantly lower with MLC cards.

Non 'High Endurance' cards will probably work OK. (I have a Samsung Evo in my 750 2CH.) but they are not normally guaranteed for use in a dashcam, but High Endurance cards are.

They will work just like any other fast enough card. They’ll just die a lot quicker (10 times) due to write cycles.

Cards with MLC cells, usually sold as “endurance” cards, should work best (much longer life span). I have the Samsung Endurance Pro 128GB with 5yrs warranty even for 24/7 recording.

Okay thanks for that. It is certainly a more resonable price than the Blackvue ones. I'll order one today.

Cheapest I could find was Amazon. Even beat eBay.

If buying memory cards (and pretty much anything else) from Amazon, highly recommend you stick to items actually fulfilled by Amazon. There are a lot of fake knock-off SD cards out there (and pretty much everything else). Of course, eBay would be even worse.

If buying memory cards (and pretty much anything else) from Amazon, highly recommend you stick to items actually fulfilled by Amazon. There are a lot of fake knock-off SD cards out there (and pretty much everything else). Of course, eBay would be even worse.

Yeah I already got caught out on eBay but I got my money back. I always check cards as soon as I buy them to make sure they are genuine.

highly recommend you stick to items actually fulfilled by Amazon.
I think you mean sold and shipped by Amazon. There are plenty of counterfeit fulfilled products as fulfilled means the products is sold by a 3rd party vendor.

I think you mean sold and shipped by Amazon. There are plenty of counterfeit fulfilled products as fulfilled means the products is sold by a 3rd party vendor.

I was just looking on Amazon for a card and thought I had found what I wanted until I read the feedback. All the feedback were reporting that the cards were great, very fast etc. Then I found one piece of feedback that said they had tested the card abnd didn't think it was right so they passed the information onto the manufacturers who confirmed it was fake! It's a minefield when it comes to cards!

I was just looking on Amazon for a card and thought I had found what I wanted until I read the feedback. All the feedback were reporting that the cards were great, very fast etc. Then I found one piece of feedback that said they had tested the card abnd didn't think it was right so they passed the information onto the manufacturers who confirmed it was fake! It's a minefield when it comes to cards!
That's my point though. Don't purchase "Sold by (vendor) and Fulfilled by Amazon", ONLY purchase from "Ships from and sold by Amazon."

That's my point though. Don't purchase "Sold by (vendor) and Fulfilled by Amazon", ONLY purchase from "Ships from and sold by Amazon."

I agree but I'm starting to wonder if even that is safe.

I agree but I'm starting to wonder if even that is safe.
It's safe. It's no different than going to a legitimate brick and mortar store. Amazon has direct contact and purchasing directly from the manufacturers.

It's safe. It's no different than going to a legitimate brick and mortar store. Amazon has direct contact and purchasing directly from the manufacturers.

I'll have to check for that as I couldn't see the one I wanted being sold by Amazon when I checked earlier.

Which one did you want?

Which one did you want?

Thanks I found the one I wanted the Samsung Endurance Pro 128GB being sold by Amazon. I just hadn't checked properly! Got one ordered.

Back