Merge 2 videos together using VSDC Free Video Editor

I use it too but it crashes too often.

I heard VSDC creates videos that are a bit jerky to watch. I'm viewing from my iPhone and not sure, hmm. Does it seem smooth to you comparing the original source to the edited result?

I use it too but it crashes too often.
Above action is all i have done with this program, no crashes, i do my other editing tasks with with camtasia or quicktime.

I heard VSDC creates videos that are a bit jerky to watch. I'm viewing from my iPhone and not sure, hmm. Does it seem smooth to you comparing the original source to the edited result?
Well... now when you mention it that seems to be true.
I noticed that it changed original 30 fps to 25, i wonder could that be the reason.
I did all this work with basic settings, maybe tomorrow i try to see can i fix that.

Well... now when you mention it that seems to be true.
I noticed that it changed original 30 fps to 25, i wonder could that be the reason.
I did all this work with basic settings, maybe tomorrow i try to see can i fix that.
If you use it in the way the creators intended then it can produce very good results very easily, if you try doing what they didn't expect or didn't properly test for then things can not turn out so well, or not work, or become difficult, or occasionally crash.

It will do some quite complex stuff very easily if you use it right, definitely worth spending a bit of time exploring it's capabilities.

Yes, select the video size and frame rate when you start the project and it will work fine.
I like embedding the rear view as a mirror image to look like a real mirror, you can fade it in and out when required too.

Like this:

It also speeds video up or down quite nicely:

Although you it doesn't speed the sound up, but it's easy to add the sound back after speeding it up in Audacity.

Be careful when creating the output file, there are loads of options for file type/codec etc, easy to get something that makes a mess, and the standard options tend to have rather low bitrate, you can create decent options though.

VSDC works but it I'm looking for another solution due to it crashing, specially when it tries to scan the video after I click in the middle.

Here are two videos I did using VSDC:

but it I'm looking for another solution due to it crashing,

I am using AVS Video Editor for many years and haven't found any better software for my needs.

Below are two video "merged" with AVS. One is standard frame size, other is cropped.
Side by side test was made from two Panorama S, one beta version with Sony Exmor IMX236 and ultra-wide FOV Japanese lens, other one is a standard retail version.

Full size frame.

Cropped with AVS Video Editor

I just hit a brick wall and lost 4 hours of editing time with videopad. :(:mad::cry:
In all fairness I was just getting comfortable with video pad but with a couple bugs I ran into on startup and it being Trialware/Nagware(n) and Not Freeware, I could no longer produce Full HD videos after editing them. It was time to move on to another option!

I tried AVS Video Editor and fell in love with it right away. The UI is very intuitive. The Free Version is FULL Featured(y) but does put a blatant water mark dead center of your published video file:eek:. When you activate with purchase the watermark is will not be placed on your videos.:cool:

• Lightworks
  • VSDC Video Editor
  • Avidemux
  • HitFilm Pro
  • Blender

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hit a brick wall and lost 4 hours of editing time with videopad. :(:mad::cry:
In all fairness I was just getting comfortable with video pad but with a couple bugs I ran into on startup and it being Trialware/Nagware(n) and Not Freeware, I could no longer produce Full HD videos after editing them. It was time to move on to another option!

I tried AVS Video Editor and fell in love with it right away. The UI is very intuitive. The Free Version is FULL Featured(y) but does put a blatant water mark dead center of your published video file:eek:. When you activate with purchase the watermark is will not be placed on your videos.:cool:
If you (or anyone) looking for an application to just stitch together two clips (or shorten a clip) I would recomend MpegStreamclip.

It's for both PC and Mac, and it's free.

Can be downloaded here:
http://www.squared5.com/

Back