Mi Dash recording error.

Paknerds

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Just got a new camera.
Last night kept the camera ON in my ride to check what it does after card is full........ Camera ON 12 midnight, it was recording, just checked the card recording is from 6am onwards.... When the card is full it deletes all files and starts again.. and that's bad.

What if the card is 99% full and you capture an accident, by the time you stop the car to take out the card, it gets full and deletes all.

Need help here.

Yes modern cameras also recycle the event files when that memory space are full, so you of course want to have a large enough memory card.
What size memory card do you use ?
Today i would not use anything below 64Gb that should give you 8 hours of recordings.
It would also be a good idea to use a camera with low bitrate parking mode as the parking files for such a camera are a much lower bitrate and so also smaller files and then room for more hours of recording.
Today i don't think you can find a dashcam that stop recording when the memory card are full, it will always want to record and so when full delete the oldest files.

What if the card is 99% full and you capture an accident, by the time you stop the car to take out the card, it gets full and deletes all.
The camera should delete the oldest files first so with a full memory card and you have a event you have many hours until a file get deleted to make room.

Card I am using is 64gb, problem here is when the card gets full it deletes all the files. My other dashcam deletes one file at a time, not all.

O so it delete them all, it should only delete the oldest file to make room for a new one when full, i have never heard about this issue before.
Have you looked at the files to see if they have the same time/date stamp, thats the only reason i could see to the camera deleting all files in bulk like that.

You may be able to fix the issue by flashing another firmware, but i am not sure how to do that on these cameras that seem to be in several models ( Chinese - international ASO )

Have you tried to reset to default in the menu, maybe reset hardware if the camera have a little button for that somewhere.

I just bought this Camera, will use it for a day or 2 and check again, of course after hard reset. I'll update you.
Thank you Sir for your help.

Back