Micro SD card extension "handle"

K1600C3

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was originally testing with an old 8G card I had lying around. The last time I removed it, I was pressing it in to unlatch with my fingernail, which slipped off the card with it pressed in. It popped out of the slot, flew over my head, and I can't find it. The cards can be difficult to remove from this thing.

So, I super glued a bit of plastic to the edge of the new 32G card (The clear discs that come in CDRW packages are the same thickness), filed it down to the length I needed, and painted it orange for increased visibility.
Now, just a simple press with a finger tip releases it. No need to use a fingernail or other small-tipped tool.
When I get a second card, I plan to do the same. I may document the process if I remember.

IMAG0471_zps042bdd7b.jpg

IMAG0473_zpsda152802.jpg

Last edited:
C3 USB card slot related its structure.

The body case is straight, there is plastic part (I say plastic shelf) inside to let PCBA screw on.
The plastic shelf has two injected nuts on each side,
There are two aluminum plates to screw on plastic shelf.

During production, we found some due to the deformation, the SD Card slot on PCBA moved out of its position.
That is the reason to turning some part away from aluminum plate to take out SD Card easier.

From your DIY, it is a smart way, that is far easy to take it out.

I took the easy way out and just used a piece of tape folded over to make a handle. It also has the added benefit of making the card slightly thicker and the added friction prevents it from popping out of my CF-100 even if it slips during ejection. I still have to be extra careful not to drop it as my SUV has a top facing dash vent directly under the mirror area where the dashcam is mounted.

KuoH

2zeyttt.jpg

People are smart!;)

Simple to make and easy to use.

I was originally testing with an old 8G card I had lying around. The last time I removed it, I was pressing it in to unlatch with my fingernail, which slipped off the card with it pressed in. It popped out of the slot, flew over my head, and I can't find it. The cards can be difficult to remove from this thing.

So, I super glued a bit of plastic to the edge of the new 32G card (The clear discs that come in CDRW packages are the same thickness), filed it down to the length I needed, and painted it orange for increased visibility.
Now, just a simple press with a finger tip releases it. No need to use a fingernail or other small-tipped tool.
When I get a second card, I plan to do the same. I may document the process if I remember.

IMAG0471_zps042bdd7b.jpg

IMAG0473_zpsda152802.jpg
Good job:)

My microSD card always slide into the device and not the card slot. I will have to unscrew the 2 screws to take it out. My simple solution is to use a double sided tape to cover the "gap", making sure that the card goes in correctly.

Have noticed this issue, that because the slot position is going to up.
The new development has changed the design.

My microSD card always slide into the device and not the card slot. I will have to unscrew the 2 screws to take it out. My simple solution is to use a double sided tape to cover the "gap", making sure that the card goes in correctly.

I've had this happen a few time too. I was really surprised the first time it happened. My solution has been to just pay more attention when I insert the card. :) Glad to hear that Rock has changed the design.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Conrod C3 7
Mikk36 C3 2
Back