Micro SD card preferances

roadkill401

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am still waiting on Amazon to deliver my A119 unit. I had ordered it with a Lexar 633x mSD card that has been delayed until next week. I have a small 16 and I think a 32gb card somewhere.

I am wondering what is considered best for a dash cam purpose? I know that Trandsend has a high endurance one that looks great but costs 3x more than the Lexar. Is it 3x better or are you best to buy a cheaper card and recycle it every year? The Lexar just makes the write spec listed for the A119,

I can buy through my local computer store Kingston, SP, Sandisk. I'd prefer to to spend more but don't want to buy junk that will lead to problems in the near future

The Lexar just makes the write spec listed for the A119,
It should be plenty fast enough, I think you have mixed up your bits and bytes! 1MB/s = 8x 1Mb/s

Unless you do a huge mileage the high endurance ones are unlikely to be worthwhile at current prices, and even if you do they will probably only roughly break even. The Lexar 633x should have decent endurance anyway.

I've been happy with the Samsung EVO 64gb cards I've been getting off of Amazon in the US. Both the green and orange version.

Any class 10 card is more than capable for current dashcam. Buying higher read/write will only be beneficial if you are using it in other electronics and faster computer upload speed. Other than Sandisk card, any brand is fine (just get whatever is cheaper or has longer warranty). The high endurance is means that it is a MLC nand which has a longer life than TLC nand. There's a life to all SD cards/ nand so you will need to change it some time in the near future.

Any class 10 card is more than capable for current dashcam.

I would like to point out that going with known name brands reduces the risk (does not eliminate) of getting those bootleg SD cards which are labeled 32, 64 GB but are actually 512 MB. Shopping for price can lead to disappointment with memory cards.

Last edited:
I would like to point out that going with know name brands reduces the risk (does not eliminate) of getting those bootleg SD cards which are labeled 32, 64 GB but are actually 512 MB. Shopping for price can lead to disappointment with memory cards.

Agree. I was referring to any SD card from name brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back