micro SD card reader on iphone?

LAKKS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-C (2014), Viofo A118C2 (2018), Viofo A129 Pro Duo (2021)
Has anyone had success with reading the micro SD card on their iphone using an external adapter?
I want to read footage from my pro duo dashcam without having to rely on the App and bluetooth connection. In case of an accident, I don’t want to power up my disabled car to retrieve footage.
There are many apps that look like they handle viewing but the descriptions state that they rely on bluetooth transfers. Other Apps have horrible reviews. I just downloaded the Viofo app, but haven’t tried turning on the camera’s transfer settings yet. Online help says the iphone photo app can import from a plugged in reader, but I have a new iphone14 and I don’t see the import button on examples. Help?

Has anyone had success with reading the micro SD card on their iphone using an external adapter?
I want to read footage from my pro duo dashcam without having to rely on the App and bluetooth connection. In case of an accident, I don’t want to power up my disabled car to retrieve footage.
There are many apps that look like they handle viewing but the descriptions state that they rely on bluetooth transfers. Other Apps have horrible reviews. I just downloaded the Viofo app, but haven’t tried turning on the camera’s transfer settings yet. Online help says the iphone photo app can import from a plugged in reader, but I have a new iphone14 and I don’t see the import button on examples. Help?
You can just connect the camera to your iPhone with the USB cable (short cable) in our package to transfer data. But you may need an adaptor as the plug of the cable cannot fit your phone port. The camera will enter SD card read mode after connecting, then you can keep videos from the camera on your phone.

ahhh! Let me try that. Unfortunately, I have a check engine light problem that is first
priority at the moment.

This works well for me. I have an iPhone 13.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07YDNSZQ3
That’s hilarious……….I ordered this exact adapter and received it last week before seeing your suggestion right now! It works just the way I wanted: reading the chip on my iphone instead of needing the dashcam powered up for a transfer via the cable.
Thanks

Back