Micro SD Cards

Tomias

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Abeo 150 & Viofo A119
I am new to dashcams and have just ordered Viofo A119. Are there any Micro Sd cards that I should avoid re- compatability? Your recommendations would be appreciated,
Regards Tomias

High Endurance card are what should be purchased .

Samsung EVO Select (on Amazon) has been solid in the Viofo dash cameras. The new SanDisk Ultra A1 series has been good so far as well (must be A1 series).

Samsung EVO Select (on Amazon) has been solid in the Viofo dash cameras. The new SanDisk Ultra A1 series has been good so far as well (must be A1 series).
The Samsung Evo (non-Select) is also good, and good value, if you don't like Amazon, but then you need to be careful that it's not a fake - test it with h2testw.exe when received.

If you are getting a large card then the high endurance ones only make sense if you are going to be recording 24/7.

Many thanks - the Samsung EVO was one I have been looking at - but was unsure if I need a High Endurance Card like SanDisk but there are fake ones being sold Online . Will go for Samsung EVo
Regards Tomias

I have been told that the samsung evo is a risk because samsung will void the warrenty if they discover the card is used in a dashcam. They are not publishing that, but a vender called and was told this by a samsung rep. A bit shadey to not be upfront on packaging and marketing. I too was looking at this card for my new viofo 129 duo.

I opted for the Transcend high endurance 64gb with the MLC nand, class 10. Then took a risk on a second card, the transcend premium 400x 128gb, class 10, but only tlc nand.. :( . I have a 1.25 hour commute (1 way) and plan to set it up in parking mode at work. I was concerned the 64gb might not be enough to run the dual cameras and park mode. SO now i have both options to play with. Worst case I have a back up on hand.

Oh and avoid the lexar SD cards... they are having massive issues. Also sanDisk "ultra" is not good either. SanDisk high endurance is fine, but does not use the MLC nand. Seems they are a bit guarded about releasing info on what cards use the MLC, so folks are assuming this means they are NOT using MLC in most if not all

I have been told that the samsung evo is a risk because samsung will void the warrenty if they discover the card is used in a dashcam. They are not publishing that, but a vender called and was told this by a samsung rep. A bit shadey to not be upfront on packaging and marketing. I too was looking at this card for my new viofo 129 duo.

I opted for the Transcend high endurance 64gb with the MLC nand, class 10. Then took a risk on a second card, the transcend premium 400x 128gb, class 10, but only tlc nand.. :( . I have a 1.25 hour commute (1 way) and plan to set it up in parking mode at work. I was concerned the 64gb might not be enough to run the dual cameras and park mode. SO now i have both options to play with. Worst case I have a back up on hand.

Oh and avoid the lexar SD cards... they are having massive issues. Also sanDisk "ultra" is not good either. SanDisk high endurance is fine, but does not use the MLC nand. Seems they are a bit guarded about releasing info on what cards use the MLC, so folks are assuming this means they are NOT using MLC in most if not all
The new SanDisk Ultra A1 cards (must say A1 on it) seem to be fine. I haven't had any trouble with the 128GB card I've been using for about 1-2 months now.

Indeed many SD brands and models now have in small writing that use in Dashcam void warranty, on the other hand more and more cards that are actually good with dashcam usage are popping up.
My trancend Ultimate U3 card are okay with dashcam use, aven a picture / silluette of a dashcam on the pacaking.

71%2B2HrNcJIL._SL1500_.jpg

Back