MicroSD card problems.

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
Ok so as i stated in the GS8000 thread I got my GS8000 to come back to life. I thought something was wrong with the camera after i updated the firmware, but it turned out to be the memory card itself.

Since it is more a memory card issue I hope it is OK to post in general.

I have a 32GB Sandisk Ultra Class 10 Micro SD card. I bought it right after my GS8000 came in and i realized it needed a micro and not a regular sized SD. The card is as old as my GS8000. (bought around March 15th i believe so a little over 4 months old) I bought it from BestBuy through one of their B&M locations and not online.

It is almost completely filled with videos from the GS8000, and started giving me SD Card errors. I swapped a class 4 or so Sandisk card and out of my phone and have had no problems with the camera in regards to the card.

Now i have taken the 32GB from the camera and put it in my phone. I formatted it.
1 Through my computer with an SD card adapter with a quick format.
2 Through it in my phone via USB Quick and Full format through my computer
3 Through my phone with the Format under the phones settings
4 Through my phone using an SD card app
5 Through it in my phone USB to computer and used different format tools under Windows.

Every time it seems to revert being almost full of GS8000 videos after a few mins or an hour.
It erases things that i have downloaded to it through my phone or put on my phone through USB and acts like i never formatted it and reverts back to being full of Dash Cam videos.

Is there anything i can do to save this card?

Are the dashcam videos playable? What happens if you copy things to the SD card and then try to open them from there?

GeorgesNJR said:
format the MicroSD
Run this , http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html , it´s free
if give error , your memory is fake.

Doing this now. It says it is going to take about a half an hour. Probably because i don't have my SD adapter on me and it is going USB through my phone.

cantremember said:
Are the dashcam videos playable? What happens if you copy things to the SD card and then try to open them from there?

The videos on the card are playable except for the last one at 0 filesize. It's nothing important my Truck was parked in the videos. I had used the camera with this card before for a few months before anything happened, and everything was OK.
The card is now in my phone. When my buddy Texts me a picture of a car or something I can save it and view it back for awhile, both through the phone and when conected to the PC, but at random it reverts back again.

I'm more then likely going to have to pick up a new card and scrap this one it seems, but i wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before i just tossed a micro SD card.
I kind of just assumed it was not fake because I did buy it at a BestBuy retail location. I try to avoid buying any kind of memory online so that i am less likely in getting a bad card, but I guess maybe a fake one or a legit one not up to quility control could slip through official channel cracks

EDIT
I got a
The media is likely to be defective. Read Error from offset XXXXXXXXX 5.X GB data lost.
from the program you suggested i use. So i guess it is bad maybe from the heat in the GS8000 or quality control, but i guess i need a new card.

Last edited by a moderator:
CheckYourLights said:
GeorgesNJR said:
format the MicroSD
Run this , http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html , it´s free
if give error , your memory is fake.

Doing this now. It says it is going to take about a half an hour. Probably because i don't have my SD adapter on me and it is going USB through my phone.

cantremember said:

The videos on the card are playable except for the last one at 0 filesize. It's nothing important my Truck was parked in the videos. I had used the camera with this card before for a few months before anything happened, and everything was OK.
The card is now in my phone. When my buddy Texts me a picture of a car or something I can save it and view it back for awhile, both through the phone and when conected to the PC, but at random it reverts back again.

I'm more then likely going to have to pick up a new card and scrap this one it seems, but i wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before i just tossed a micro SD card.
I kind of just assumed it was not fake because I did buy it at a BestBuy retail location. I try to avoid buying any kind of memory online so that i am less likely in getting a bad card, but I guess maybe a fake one or a legit one not up to quility control could slip through official channel cracks

EDIT
I got a
The media is likely to be defective. Read Error from offset XXXXXXXXX 5.X GB data lost.
from the program you suggested i use. So i guess it is bad maybe from the heat in the GS8000 or quality control, but i guess i need a new card.

Could well be a fake as well Lots around and not only from online shops A genuine Sandisk packet always has a hologram image on it and the printing should all be in English

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup the card sounds fritz. Amazing though how much data can now be stored on a small micro SD card. Imagine the situations.

"I hold on my fingertip the answer to curing all diseases and all DNA sequencing to bring back extinct speci..."
*breeze of wind*
"Aah, nobody move, everybody stand perfectly still!"

if give error or it´s come whit problemns or is a fake card.

a legit sd run the programn whitout any error.

Back