MicroSD options, including MLC cards

OK, three days from now. If you want one just order it. What's the problem?

Because chances are they'll have 500 orders and only get in 30. I've ordered a few times, and then get an email saying the order had to be cancelled due to lack of stock.

Because chances are they'll have 500 orders and only get in 30. I've ordered a few times, and then get an email saying the order had to be cancelled due to lack of stock.

What's the harm in placing an order?

Here in the US at least, Amazon usually stops taking orders for items like this when stock is depleted. They don't oversell.

Anyway, it was meant as a helpful suggestion as you claimed they are not available in the UK.

Sounds like you really don't want one after all, to tell you the truth.

What's the harm in placing an order?

Sounds like you really don't want one after all, to tell you the truth.

I don't, I was just making an observation that they were difficult to get. SanDisk and Lexar are/were trivial to get just about anywhere, Transcend are difficult to get because they go out of stock really quickly at the few suppliers that have them.

Jeesh, what is it with people on this forum today? Everyone had a drink of the retardo-juice?

I don't, I was just making an observation that they were difficult to get. SanDisk and Lexar are/were trivial to get just about anywhere, Transcend are difficult to get because they go out of stock really quickly at the few suppliers that have them.

Jeesh, what is it with people on this forum today? Everyone had a drink of the retardo-juice?

Retardo Juice? Good Lord! I really don't care to get drawn onto a petty argument with someone like you or have insults hurled at me all because I attempted to offer a helpful suggestion. Bye, bye!

Last edited:
I notice that there is an OEM page in PNY that shows a lot of their cards are MLC.
MLC toggle, I would interpret that as TLC, but MLC and MLC DDR should be MLC right?
I wonder if that directly translate into the same as the consumer line.

http://www.pny.com/oem/products/flash

I honestly don't know the difference between those designations as PNY uses them.

PNY, Just say no.

Why?!?!

I've been using a pair of PNY 128GB cards in my GC's since Feb. '16 with no problems at all.

it's a personal response to PNY and there lack of service/support I have been given in the past.

Well if you feel you have been burned, then sure react to that, and share too so other have a choice to respond to and use information.

it's a personal response to PNY and there lack of service/support I have been given in the past.
Should have included that information in your original post so it had some context.

Ultra_microSD_C10_A1_U1_400GB_HR.jpg

No doubt faster cards will be available by the time the need is there, a bit early yet to be worried about that, impressive nonetheless

Yeah i forgot to drop additional info and links with that pic, some times my 3 keybord fingers outpace my brain.

Seems like there's another option: Silicone Power High Endurance MLC cards are $23.00 for 32GB. Too good to be true?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06VSMZBBX
Anyone used Silicone Power cards before?
Looks real to me, but if you only get 1 year of 24/7 write time with a high bitrate camera under warrantee then I think you would be better off with a Samsung Evo 64GB Select for the same price:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XX29S9Q
While the Samsung may be only TLC memory there is twice as much of it so the card will last twice as long and so roughly match the lifetime of the MLC memory in the smaller card. In addition the Samsung comes with a 10 year warrantee rather than 2 years and I guess being twice the size the warrantee will cover about the same number of write operations. Plus the card will retain video for twice as long under loop recording. Plus I suspect the Samsung uses 3D TLC memory which generally has a longer lifespan than the old flat TLC anyway.

Looks real to me, but if you only get 1 year of 24/7 write time with a high bitrate camera under warrantee then I think you would be better off with a Samsung Evo 64GB Select for the same price:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XX29S9Q
While the Samsung may be only TLC memory there is twice as much of it so the card will last twice as long and so roughly match the lifetime of the MLC memory in the smaller card. In addition the Samsung comes with a 10 year warrantee rather than 2 years and I guess being twice the size the warrantee will cover about the same number of write operations. Plus the card will retain video for twice as long under loop recording. Plus I suspect the Samsung uses 3D TLC memory which generally has a longer lifespan than the old flat TLC anyway.

Yeah I've noticed how inexpensive those Samsung cards are.

All good points, thanks for the input.

Back