MicroSD options, including MLC cards

I'm using the Samsung EVO with my A119S and surprisingly it's been perfectly fine.

Looking to buy the Viofo A129. Is the Transcend 64GB High Endurance card (TS64GUSDXC10V) good enough for storage of footage for both the front & rear cameras. Usage of my car is approximately 2 hours roundtrip for work and 20 minutes for lunch break. No parked car recording.

Appreciate the responses!

Looking to buy the Viofo A129. Is the Transcend 64GB High Endurance card (TS64GUSDXC10V) good enough for storage of footage for both the front & rear cameras. Usage of my car is approximately 2 hours roundtrip for work and 20 minutes for lunch break. No parked car recording.

Appreciate the responses!
I think you would be better off with a Samsung Evo 128GB. At double the size you get double the lifetime so maybe the same endurance as a high endurance 64GB, however you have 8 hours of loop recording instead of 4 hours, and it is probably a bit cheaper too!

So after reading the complete thread and still can't decide which card to get I need some advice. Would you guys recommend the Sony SR-64UZA 64gb (MLC & U3 speed class) or Transcend High Endurance 64gb (MLC & U1 speed class)? Looking at the specs the Sony should have better speed, but what about reliability?

I can get both of the cards for the same $$.

If it matters my Dashcam is a Garmin 55 (Ambarella A12A55 processor).

Cheers

So after reading the complete thread and still can't decide which card to get I need some advice. Would you guys recommend the Sony SR-64UZA 64gb (MLC & U3 speed class) or Transcend High Endurance 64gb (MLC & U1 speed class)? Looking at the specs the Sony should have better speed, but what about reliability?

I can get both of the cards for the same $$.

If it matters my Dashcam is a Garmin 55 (Ambarella A12A55 processor).

Cheers
All you have to do is read the tl;dr in the very first post of this thread.

All you have to do is read the tl;dr in the very first post of this thread.
Yeah.. That post is almost 2 years old so I guessed there could be a chance for some development..

I'd heard the rumors about the Lexar 633x were MLC. Sad to see they are false and the cards are not MLC.

Any info on the Toshiba Exceria line of cards? I couldn't find any definitive proof that they're MLC based, although the blurb on Toshiba's site seems to suggest they are. Specifically this line in their blurb: "Today, as one of the largest producers of MLC NAND Flash, Toshiba remains committed to supplying industry-leading densities and performance."

Toshiba is all closed now.

Yep , stick them in your smartphone and not in your dashcam .

I am in Malaysia now and got a 64GB Viofo MLC card for 25 euros.
9eb3b2530d41b369cbb64bb39c1768a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like microSD manufacturers are getting better at making durable cards without having to go MLC. The Transcend 400x series has been good, and Samsung’s EVO Select (green color) has been reliable, too. I just ordered the Samsung PRO Endurance yesterday from Amazon who had it at $30 for 128MB. We’ll see how that goes, but I expect good things. They offer a 5 year warranty and do NOT include exclusions for continuous recording such as dashcams, and that’s very hard to beat. I haven’t been able to confirm this directly, but I believe it’s using V-NAND, which would make sense, and it’s U1 data rates are way higher than any of our dashcams require.

Warranty: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/warranty/MB-MJ128GA/AM

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07B984HJ5

Updated OP. New recommendation is the Samsung PRO Endurance in 128GB.

I am currently testing one of the new Kingston endurance cards in my SG9663DC, so far it work fine but the 128 GB card have just filled up one time so far.
No info if it is MLC or what, warrantied 2 years for dashcam or CCTV use.

This are the cheapest endurance cards on the Danish market ATM
KE128GB-Endurance_678x452.jpg

In the US, from Amazon, they’re only $3 cheaper than the Samsung PRO Endurance cards that have a 5 year warranty. I’d definitely spend the extra $3 for an extra 3 years of warranty and a know good performer. I picked one up for $2 cheaper than the Kingston, actually, when Amazon had a sale on them at the end of March.

Kingston High Endurance 128GB MicroSD SDXC Flash Memory Card High Performance, 1080P, Full HD, Up to 95MB/S Read, (SDCE/128GB) https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07PGBYMVH

Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB Micro SDXC Card with Adapter - 100MB/s U1 (MB-MJ128GA/AM) https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07B984HJ5

This was 220 DKkr the samsung PRO endurance are 450 Dkkr
Price already up on the kingston its now 325 Dkkr ( had to check my e mail from the shop )

Very volatile the memory prices it seem

But i also went with this to have something to test with that others might not have,,,,yet.

Back