mini 0801 vs 0803 vs f90 vs f90 vs g90 vs g1w etc. action cam capabilities?

d0n

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I am looking for a camera for my car. It's main use will be protection against fraug for insurance claims, as well as for fun to see what is going on on the streets. So far I am mainly at the 0803. The current firmware seems to be ok already and with the prospects it only getting better it sounds like a good deal.

1. What is a reliable place to get it so it's not a knockoff? Foxoffer? ebay? amazon e-prance? digg cams?

What about the other ones. F90 seems nice because it also has the rear camera and that would be kind of cool to have, but other than that I don't see other advantages. g90 and g1w seems to have better viewing angles which is definitely a plus also. But I understand the main advantage of the 0803 is the compact size and it seems to be overall a good camera.

What I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE is having a camera who has sort of occasional GoPro capabilities. I don't care so much about the indestructibility, as much as I would love being able to for example set it up in the corner of my house occasionally to record some of the things that are going on for example when I have guests over (connected to a power sourc). Or maybe like how the gopro has the telescopic extension stick to take footage at concerts and bigger group pictures. Is there any in between?
If this is totally out of picture within a reasonable budget then forget this paragraph and just please advise me on where to get the 0801 if it's a good idea and if how i can hardwire it (if I need to) to also have the protection when the car is protected when parked.

Or any other models that I should definitely look into and where to get those. I always like to get the best value for my money so that is definitely big factor. I know I might be asking for a lot, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, thank you!

P.S.: I live in the US - Los Angeles. Do I have to worry about it being illegal to record video and audio here so I can use it in my advantage in case of issues?

Last edited:
also, is there any camera that, in case I were pulled of by police, I can easily turn and point at them to have proof of their actions? doesn't seem like the 0803 is capable of that with only vertical tilting.. maybe a camera with a suction mount (instead of 3m glue could easily do this?)

thanks again for the help

Quick summar of what I want:
- solid recording quality at night and day
- parking mode
- cable long enough to not make it hang from mirror down
- potentially rear end as well but not necessary
- turnability when pulled over by law enforcement
- wide angle
- usability for house use if possible
- value

for example this looks like a somewhar solid choice for me, but it's a little bit out of my price range and I don't know how I'd mount it in the cieling of my car or make it look "sealth" in the car
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00IIZZDLU/electro_hope-20

Last edited:
looks like action cam and dash cam won't really work for me. I should probably just get the g1w (main downside is size and no GPS I guess) or go with the 0801 or newer 0803.

ended up buying the 0803.. thanks

Back