Mini 0801 with Ambarella A7 + WDR

JooVuu

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know about a new Mini 0801 coming out. We have opened pre-orders for it and in the coming weeks we will have more videos and pictures etc.

It can be pre-ordered here: https://www.joovuu.com/gb/home/106-mini-0801-a7-wdr.html. Any questions just ask.

Specifications

Lens

6 Glass Lens

Processor

A7-LA30 processor

RAM

DDR3 RAM

Image Sensor

AR0330 CMOS

WDR

Yes

GPS

Yes

Memory

Support up to 32gb.

MPH or KPH

Supports both

Great news.

Can you provide more deeper technical info ( specs ), because at the moment it's only basic.
- Lens aperture
- Bit-rate
- Resolution
- Fps
- battery or capacitor
- GPS availability ?

etc.

Thanks.

Some collected information from @jokiin

camera is here, just waiting on the firmware, will be after CNY I'd say
View attachment 3534
it's an 0803, A7 version, the look is very similar but the menu has some different options
it's only on a beta firmware right now, there are some image quality adjustments that need to happen but Chinese New Year got in the way of that
samples have been done as Mini and Micro versions, no firm decision which will be released as yet, leaning towards Micro unless some fault pops up, tooling for Micro USB version of the bracket and housing is already completed
GPS bracket may be interchangeable, will have to double check, they are physically identical (the mini USB version at least) need to make sure the hardware is compatible though
expected mass production end of February, available shortly after

Great news.

Can you provide more deeper technical info ( specs ), because at the moment it's only basic.
- Lens aperture
- Bit-rate
- Resolution
- Fps
- battery or capacitor
- GPS availability ?

etc.

Thanks.

will get some more detailed specs later, some might be subject to change as still being fine tuned at the moment

- Lens aperture, will have to check, lens has just been changed to a better one, don't have the specs to hand
- Bit-rate, 15mbit as it stands now, is capable of higher (DDR2 has been the bottleneck until now, DDR3 sorts that) but the law of diminishing returns says that probably going higher might not add much benefit
- Resolution, 1080p, 720p
- Fps, 30fps
- battery or capacitor, battery, no room for capacitors in this design
- GPS availability ?, included

it's basically an upspec 0801 with the sorts of improvement possible due to newer hardware

will get some more detailed specs later, some might be subject to change as still being fine tuned at the moment

- Lens aperture, will have to check, lens has just been changed to a better one, don't have the specs to hand
- Bit-rate, 15mbit as it stands now, is capable of higher (DDR2 has been the bottleneck until now, DDR3 sorts that) but the law of diminishing returns says that probably going higher might not add much benefit
- Resolution, 1080p, 720p
- Fps, 30fps
- battery or capacitor, battery, no room for capacitors in this design
- GPS availability ?, included

it's basically an upspec 0801 with the sorts of improvement possible due to newer hardware

Thanks for replay. I have a lot more questions, but as it's still in development stage, then I will wait ;)

what's it's finalised and production ready I'll arrange one for you

Hehee, another "toy for big boy" ? - I like it ;)

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know about a new Mini 0801 coming out. We have opened pre-orders for it and in the coming weeks we will have more videos and pictures etc.

It can be pre-ordered here: https://www.joovuu.com/gb/home/106-mini-0801-a7-wdr.html. Any questions just ask.

Specifications

Lens

6 Glass Lens

Processor

A7-LA30 processor

RAM

DDR3 RAM

Image Sensor

AR0330 CMOS

WDR

Yes

GPS

Yes

Memory

Support up to 32gb.

MPH or KPH

Supports both

emm... £95 I think, its too pricey

have you got an A2 version in the collection?

Yes, I do have it ( 8Gb GPS version ). I was just about to sell it, because I didn't see a future with that HW as it's stands at the moment, but as now advanced version coming out, I will keep A2 to make side by side with A7 version after it will be in production.

emm... £95 I think, its too pricey

I would say it's rather cheap or at least fairly reasonably positioned for UK / EU Market considering it's new hardware !
Don't forget and take into consideration it is imported into UK. Import / duty tax paid + other vendor ( @JooVuu ) service / warranty charges applied, so for local ( UK/ EU ) buyers no need to worry of sending back to China in case something happens, paying huge postage cost on return shipping, waiting 1-2 month etc. Take all this into consideration and you will find its fair local re-seller price, who has good reputation among this forum members. They deserve extra buck for that ;)

Yes, I do have it ( 8Gb GPS version ). I was just about to sell it, because I didn't see a future with that HW as it's stands at the moment, but as now advanced version coming out, I will keep A2 to make side by side with A7 version after it will be in production.

good to have them together for comparison purposes

I would say it's rather cheap or at least fairly reasonably positioned for UK / EU Market considering it's new hardware !
Don't forget and take into consideration it is imported into UK. Import / duty tax paid + other vendor ( @JooVuu ) service / warranty charges applied, so for local ( UK/ EU ) buyers no need to worry of sending back to China in case something happens, paying huge postage cost on return shipping, waiting 1-2 month etc. Take all this into consideration and you will find its fair local re-seller price, who has good reputation among this forum members. They deserve extra buck for that ;)

I forget to mention that, The shipping cost, taxes, etc. I just looked into website for A2 price and it's a bit difference what i bought.
ok. I will see for A7 in local shop for a price.

Anyway, Thanks for sharing

I forget to mention that, The shipping cost, taxes, etc. I just looked into website for A2 price and it's a bit difference what i bought.
ok. I will see for A7 in local shop for a price.

Anyway, Thanks for sharing

Don't mix prices that are on "that part of the world" with the ones that we can have from direct Chinese re-sellers which have to add all kind of extras to the price ( Paypal transaction fees, eBay fees if sold via eBay, postage charge etc. ) and prices with the ones are already imported into country where customs duty / tax added ;)

It will be interested to see from the early adopters of this product how buggy the firmware is.

Hi all, been following for a while, finally signed up! Have really enjoyed (and appreciated) the informative posts!

I must admit I am a little surprised (not disappointed mind you) to see the A7 show up in a budget dash cam (a good, popular one, but budget nonetheless) while much more expensive cams (just bought a WF1 myself) still sport older platforms. I recognize there is a development cycle, etc, and I am actually pleased to see that the A7 will be affordable - but I wonder what compromises might have been made to maintain the price point? Perhaps Jokiin could comment on this? In any event, really looking forward to what 2014 will bring in terms of new hardware and performance! We might see those 'wish lists' fulfilled after all... ;)

This model uses the entry level
A7-LA30 processor, I'm sure the WF1 will still outperform entry level models
Thanks, jokiin - your in-depth product knowledge is always helpful! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really looking forward to seeing some reviews of the updated 0801 when it is finally released!

I had ordered the standard 0801 but I had to send it back as the GPS did not lock on at all (1 hour drive) and the g-sensor was faulty and marked all videos as protected.

Back