Mini 0801 with GPS

punjetas45

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi One and All...Having read the pros and cons of other members experiences with the above cam I took the "easy route" and purchased same from a UK supplier. Two reasons for this, (1) I have worked in China in a technical capacity on a £10M project and found that if you have a problem and can reach the design team for the item (camera or whatever) all is well. If you have "no contacts" finding answers can be difficult; after all, the majority of Chinese in a technical capacity speak good English; do I speak Chinese.....NO.. so you need patience, and an interpreter. (2) The UK supplier was carcamerashop.co.uk Bournemouth BH2 5HH. The camera was out of stock when I applied for one, but the sales staff were very helpful and kept me informed of progress; re expected delivery. The camera arrived on the predicted date. I have no connection with this supplier; but I would highly recommend them. As to the 0801 it performs as predicted in write ups on this site. I have used a class 10 SD card contrary to advice and the results are the same as others I have (class 6). I usually cover all my camera optics with at least a U/V filter and with the Mio there are merits for a polarising filter. The TAPERED Mio lens mount is 17mm in dia and I am thinking of gluing a threaded ring to the camera and fit a screwed cap to same with the U/V filter etc, between the ring and cap. Problem..at present I cannot find any "glass" to fit the mount. (mount of a size not to reduce Mio field of view) Alternative is to cut sections from appropriate plastic sunglasses!!.....final comment the Mio has presets which can be use if you add a polarising filter e.g. AE bias.....Also I did not expect to find AE ISO, white balance and AE meter mode...Firmware on my unit is 20/40/16.......(?15)

Back