Mini 0803 Battery Issue

mr_milo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 0803 (Front) Mobius (Rear)
Well the title basically says it... For a couple of days I have been noticing a strange smell in my car. Then I noticed the smell seemed to be coming from my Mini 0803. Since I'm past my Amazon return period, I decided to open it up and take a look. To me it seems that my battery is swelling. The side near the lens seem MUCH thicker than the other side.

Battery%2520swell.JPG

So my questions is what do I do now? As far as I understand the Mini series can't fit a super cap and I fear the same will happen to a new battery. Is it safe to continue to operate the camera like this?

Battery will die soon which will mean the last file will get corrupted each time so replacing the battery is probably a good idea sooner rather than later

I really see no reason to replace the battery since it will most likely happen again.
I already have a sun shade for the camera, use a good coverage sun shade for the car when parked, and try my best to park the car in the shade when not in a garage.
Therefore unless I can find a super capacitor solution, I feel the 0803 is a lost cause for my usage since I do not intend to remove and replace it every time I park the car.

Back