Mini 0803 capacitor version

the product wasn't designed for it so whether it will work reliably or not is hard to say
Maybe I'd better buy a new battery. My plan is to use it as a side camera.

I found this one on aliex : ultra capacitor 7.5F 5.4V. I will need 3 of them in order for it to work? @jokiin @mr_milo

http://tinyurl.com/nkcf94z

Hard to say, but I think it might have problems due to it's ESR of 160 mOhms. The 5.4V cap I used only had a ESR of 70 mOhms and I know this will effect charge rate at minimum. You could always give it a try and see.

Hi Vagner - The caps inside the case were my starting point hoping that I could make an internal super cap solution, however that was not possible without a much needed "immediate shutdown" mod to the firmware. Therefore I just continued adding capacitors until I got a solution that worked with the current "delayed shutdown" firmware.

I read your work and am inspired to upgrade my mini 0805 to supercaps too. The 2x 2.7V 15F caps from aliexpress I ordered just arrived. However I'm concerned about the firmware shutdown delay too, apparently there's a site hosting modified mini 0803 firmware with a mention about power off delay. If you still have the 0803, perhaps it may be worth a shot trying out the firmware to see if they managed to remove the power off delay.

Back