Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
dear DashCamTalk guys,

the mini 0803 cameras we delivered today are 20140510V1 firmware built in.
KMH and MPH optional now!
and the language is ENGLISH only now, if distributors need to customize languages, please let we know.
those languages are contracted for exclusive markets so we can't export to other customers:
Russian
Chinese simplified
Chinese traditional
New languages requests are welcome.

here is the firmware download link:
mini 0803 firmware 20140510V1 (1card w/GPS)
Just put the firmware.bin file into TF root and power on the camera, you will find the upgrade notice.

NOTICE:
this firmware only works on the formal released 0803 with A7LA50D+AR0330CS chipset.
MEG is not responsible for the damage if trying to upgrade to other version.

please contact us if you find any bugs, we can improve it for all the fanatics!
Product Manager: rayman@megcn.com
Marketing Manager: julie@megcn.com

0.jpg

Last edited:
KPM and MPH were available on the 0801 months ago. What about the hardware changes? Is the new lens shipping yet?

With each firmware release, please provide a comprehensive list of new features, bug fixes, and unresolved problems. It appears that your just changing the firmware dates without making any significant progress.

Hi,
Thanks for sharing the new firmware. Can you share a release also for GPS/8GB internal memory version please?

Kph/mph selectable version was still not sorted, it's a different SDK to the A2 chipset so what was done previously doesn't translate directly

Until someone orders an internal memory version from the manufacturer they won't release an internal memory version firmware

Hi Rayman
How do you check if it is A7LA50D+AR0330CS.
Mine is a pre production model from foxoffer.
I don't want to brick up the unit with wrong firmware.
Thanks for any help.

Updated my eprance model I got a month ago. GPS, no internal memory. Works!

Hi Rayman
How do you check if it is A7LA50D+AR0330CS.
Mine is a pre production model from foxoffer.
I don't want to brick up the unit with wrong firmware.
Thanks for any help.

better to ask @billknow they buy them from a different supplier so Rayman wouldn't be familiar with their stock anyway, from what I understand Foxoffer only had this version anyway

As far as I know the firmware should work with LA50 and LA30 chips. Is this correct?

This is too funny. My wife never sent back the Eprance 0803. So....I decided to update the firmware and give it one more chance. Have no clue how to do this. I have the file Just do not know where to put it. Is it normal to get a fish effect if your close to lets say a building pilar looking out to a parking lot? FW version installed is 0507

Thanks again to Blackboxed.ca I read their install instructions. Worked great on 0510 version.

Will this 20140510V1 work on a E-Prance labelled Mini 0803 8GB Internal + GPS ?
Its the same hardware I thought ?

If not does anyone known where e-prance firmwares are available ?

Edit: It does work mostly. BUT :), the internal 8GB memory cannot be seen anymore (both by camera + Windows PC). The recording defaults to the SD card and seems fine. And the e-prance splash screen is replaced by a nice car wallpaper.

Request for latest firmware also for the Internal 8GB Memory too (2 Card)

Last edited:
Will this 20140510V1 work on a E-Prance labelled Mini 0803 8GB Internal + GPS ?
Its the same hardware I thought ?

If not does anyone known where e-prance firmwares are available ?

Edit: It does work mostly. BUT :), the internal 8GB memory cannot be seen anymore (both by camera + Windows PC). The recording defaults to the SD card and seems fine. And the e-prance splash screen is replaced by a nice car wallpaper.

Request for latest firmware also for the Internal 8GB Memory too (2 Card)

Same here, Just got my 0803 w/ FW version 0507 and lost the internal memory after 20140510V1 updated. :( I might return it if there's no update for the one w/ internal memory.

Same here, Just got my 0803 w/ FW version 0507 and lost the internal memory after 20140510V1 updated. :( I might return it if there's no update for the one w/ internal memory.

I rolled back to the official e-prance 0507 just to be safe (and I could not verify real improvements in 0510 version)
In case you want to do the same, I uploaded this 0507 version here
Official ePrance Mini 0803 8GB Internal + GPS , Verison 0507
(I asked eprance for their latest version, they sent me this one..)

Last edited:
There is an issue with the mic mute on this FW version, you can mute the mic ok but if you power off and on the camera the mic icon shows muted but the mic is NOT muted.

There is an issue with the mic mute on this FW version, you can mute the mic ok but if you power off and on the camera the mic icon shows muted but the mic is NOT muted.

that bug has been there since the early beta versions, has been reported already

That does not sound like it will be fixed anytime soon :D

I don't think they get enough complaints about it so doesn't get much attention I suspect, has been brought up multiple times and the response is always the same, that they'll fix it, hasn't happened as yet though obviously

What hope is there if we cant get simple things like mic muting to work properly. :(

Back