Mini 0803 hardwire and stealth build

cula

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Hi there forum,

I have finished my 12v to 5v 1a hardwire build.

Now just to attach it to my previous retrofit (autodimming mirror) I taped 12v from light source on car sealing.

Ill try to install cam behind rearwiev mirror, but i have to cut rain sensor plastic cover to hide it.

Pics attached. I will update tread as i go forward with this.

Attachments

• IMAG0425.jpg
    IMAG0425.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 238
  • IMAG0439.jpg
    IMAG0439.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 219
  • IMAG0590.jpg
    IMAG0590.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 221
  • IMAG0594.jpg
    IMAG0594.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 213
Just to inform, my dascam died after 3 days of use, no sound no picture on lcd, no recording, just blue led light, and red if i plug it in. :S

sd card was full of some rubbish folders and files with odd names, and all was dimmed and locked.

And windows reports malfunction device...

So nothing from hardwire and stelth build :(

Update, it seams that i have bricked device, from mini 0801 thread, simptoms r the same.

Im rewiewing in my head what happend, and i got to a point where i have clicked default settings from cam menu and left it in car. When i got back, there was no sound and no display...

Last edited:
Perhaps. If you have a modern car like mine. They send a signal to a rely, which lets power go to the specified device. Or something like that. In other words the "power" you expected to find, might not be what was expected.

Hopefully this isn't the cause.

It was bricked, i dont know how... I manage to unbrick it, but today it died 100% onley red led flash, and windows dosent detect it...

I didnt hardwire it, i used car charger provided with cam.

Back