Mini 0803 Problems / Will "NOT" Stop Recording

synoptic12

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received the Mini 0803 today, 08/23/2014. The unit kept continually 'freezing' in the menu section. Having difficuly moving through the menu. Performed several resets. Then the camera was making a continual 'buzz' and could not reset. I had to wait for the battery to be fully discharged. Upon placement in the vehicle, the camera "refuses" to turn off once engine is shut down. A blue and red blinking light continue to be lit, and flickering. Had to turn off the unit by pressing the reset button. In addition to this, I did not receive the hardwire kit from FoxOffer. Sent two e-mails and have not heard back as yet. Any information would be appreciated, namely why the unit is not stopping the recording process, as the vehicle is shut down. Thanks.

Last edited:
It's 6am where Foxoffer are so no chance yet to see any email sent in the last 12 hours or so

Sorry to hear that - does it have that issue with a micro SD card inserted or does it misbehave either way?

Sorry to hear that - does it have that issue with a micro SD card inserted or does it misbehave either way?

No problem. Actually, I've only installed the unit with the 32 Gb card. Do you believe that just using the internal memory will alleviate the issue?

No it's just I've read people saying certain micro SD cards can cause various issues like you're having now - if it behaves when the card isn't in there at least you know it points to the card - whereas if it still plays up you know it's more likely the unit at fault.

What's the firmware version it's running? If it would behave it might be worth thinking about a firmware upgrade, but I'm guessing it's pretty recent anyways from FO.

No it's just I've read people saying certain micro SD cards can cause various issues like you're having now - if it behaves when the card isn't in there at least you know it points to the card - whereas if it still plays up you know it's more likely the unit at fault.

What's the firmware version it's running? If it would behave it might be worth thinking about a firmware upgrade, but I'm guessing it's pretty recent anyways from FO.

FW 20140611V1.0 Should I try internal memory only?

Well, thank you. I'm amassing the information, as well as video to corroborate the findings. I'll try just using the internal memory (8 Gb) to see if that may work. Read enough threads stating that a SanDisk 32 Gb card would suffice without any issues. Product information on Ebay states one can use a 32 Gb card, (at class 6 but not specific to class 10), and the manual states that a class 10 card may cause problems. If that fact were mentioned prior to purchasing, I would not have opted for a class 10 card. Apparently, bottlenecks are an issue.

I would not have believed that class 10 would be an issue. However, the Reverend is pretty sharp, as he pointed out the aspect of class 10 being a possibility. So, what is the cause of the recording not stopping, once the vehicle is shut down? If I'm correct, the red and blue flashing lamp dictate a recording in process, no? How much time is required before unit shuts down, once ignition is turned off, and is there a setting for this?

P.S. - Very much appreciate your assistance.

Configuration Settings: If there is an error here, I would appreciate anyone telling me.

1. Resolution: 2304 X 1296
2. Quality: S. Fine
3. AE Meter: Center
4. WDR: On
5. LDWS: Off
6. LDWS Cal.: N.A.
7. Flicker: 60 Hz
8. White Balance: Auto
9. EV: +1.0
10. Recycle: 3 Min.
11. Motion Detector: Off
12. Time Setup: "Set" Reads A:M in P:M > Is this contingent upon the GPS setting? (This is a twenty-four hour clock which could pose some issues, unbeknownst to me prior)
13. Auto Power: Off
14. Power Off Screen: Off
15. Stamp: Date & Time (Set)
16. DRV: N.A.
17. G Sensor: 3
18. G Sensor Cal. : N.A.
19. GPS: On
20. MPH Set
21. Default: No
22. Format: No
23. Outer Card: Set
24. AutoPlay: Video Plays All
25. Copy Files: No

How come you've set the exposure right up mate? I usually leave that at the default where possible and let the camera do it - that seems to be set a little high at +1.0 (unless that's the default for this cam in which case I'm talking out of my arse here!!)

How come you've set the exposure right up mate? I usually leave that at the default where possible and let the camera do it - that seems to be set a little high at +1.0 (unless that's the default for this cam in which case I'm talking out of my arse here!!)

The additional settings would not be present if there were not a need to use them. Why would the company employ as many settings for the EV? Tried +1.7 and that was a bit, slight bit hazy. Then used +1.0 and that seems excellent. Have not used the default based upon past comments adjoining the EV settings. For all I know, the default may work well, but +1.0 is good. Well, the camera should shut off the recording, or am I being obtuse? Irrespective of that issue, are you aware of the 24 Hour Clock, which I had no knowledge of?

P.S.- Default is "O", THEN : -0.3/0.7/I-O/-1.3/1.7/-2.0/+2.0/+1.7+1.3/+1.0+0.7/+0.3

Going by some technical articles, I have found that at present +1.0 works well. Many have said that the default setting is a little dark. Did not use the standard of default initially, due to the aforesaid articles. It's picture perfect. Going to capture some night video, and see if the +1.0 has any relevance to nighttime.

Last edited:
Better to post these questions in the 0803 section

A little late for that now, unless you can transfer the threads. I really have no intention of rewriting all of the above Q&A. Thanks, you should have made mention of that fact earlier on.

The admin can shift them, start a new topic and you'll get people that have the same model to give feedback, they won't see it here

The admin can shift them, start a new topic and you'll get people that have the same model to give feedback, they won't see it here

Should I start a new topic, will all these comments be transferred? Let's say I manage to start a topic, "Mini 0803" 'Problems', shall all these comments relating to the mentioned unit be transferred, and at what point?

Back