Mini 0803 - Rebooting and Doing Crazy Stuff

kiteboy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Have two of these cameras and both are having a few issues but the one in my missus car is all over the place.
It starting up OK on ignition but randomly shuts down - stays shut down then reboots randomly and starts recording again. Other times its shuts down and reboots straight away - all over the place

Its wired up through a hardwired kit ive tried various firmwares too. When plugged into a wired microusb plug in the house it records non stop no issues. Ive tried connecting it through the GPS mount and straight to the camera and the result is the same

To me it has to be something in the car, possily power or hardwire related ??? Any thoughts

Thanks

there's one version that looks just like that one that has fried a lot of 0806's in the past, the output is not stable, I'd suggest try running it off the included cig charger for a while and see if it misbehaves then

Ok great - thanks - will give that a go

Tried on way home from work and yes ....it seems to be working OK now....so must be the hard wire kit.....probably didnt help me having it in the wrong fuse for a while.......is there any recommended hard wire kit these days

The one MEGtech have made for the 0903 looks to be good quality, have not tested it myself though

Simple way is just get a female cig socket and wire that in and plug the original power lead in

Back