Mini 0803 review

DashCamOwnersAustralia

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9667DC2K
I recently did a review on the mini 0803 so here it is. Hopefully its ok for reviews in this setion.

Sample video looks quite blurry compared to other sample videos I've seen. Is it just your video processing?

This review could have been more detailed :
- contents of each menu?
- LDWS ?
- G-sensor calibration ?
- your software version ?
- etc...

Thanks for this interview, though I'm missing some stuff as well :

- The night recording was that with WDR ON or OFF
- What software version was this cam running?

It does give me a nice first get to know impression though, from a non-seller point of view, for which I thank you. Hope to see some uncompressed video later from you.

Software version is 20140429 v1.0

Here is a sample clip that has not had any processing done on it, This is with WDR turned on, as was the earlier clip.

I havent messed around with settings yet so i may be able to get better results.

http://www.filedropper.com/amba0055 Day footage

I will, however I dont think itd be fair to review with newest firmware if thats what its getting sent with from that particular supplier. Many people may not have the know how to update firmware out of the box.

Thanks for the extra information, DashCamOwnersAustralia.

I see where you're coming from with new users not updating firmware right away, though the firmware installed on your cam is not a realistic representation of the current capabilities of the cam. I was especially wondering about the glare around the lights on the street.

Last edited:
First thing to do is to update to last release 20140510 !
Your software version is bad video quality.

My Mini 0803 came with the firmware of Foxoffer 20140429 and the video quality is better than that obtained with firmware 20140510.
Now I have a problem, I want to go back to 20140429, but can not find it anywhere.

with 20140409 v1.0

24-5.jpg

with 20140510 v1.0

25-5.jpg

Last edited:
Wow the first one looks much better. If you receive 20140409 from FoxOffer could you please send it to me aswell? Want to add it to my firmware repo.

I'm on my smartphone but what I can see is that the camera is pointing more up to the sky on the second picture, so AE measurement is done on the sky instead of on the road in the first picture.

Probably that's why the first seems to look better.

I'm on my smartphone but what I can see is that the camera is pointing more up to the sky on the second picture, so AE measurement is done on the sky instead of on the road in the first picture.

Probably that's why the first seems to look better.

Chris-s, is that how big a change a slightly different angle could make? My first impression was that the second picture just was a slightly more clouded day, but now that you've pointed it out, I noticed the different angle too.

Chris-s, is that how big a change a slightly different angle could make? My first impression was that the second picture just was a slightly more clouded day, but now that you've pointed it out, I noticed the different angle too.
Yes, the point of AE measurement is very important. @Stef has talked about this in the thread "0803 coming"

Foxoffer firmware 20140429 V1.0 have bug. Cam freeze after max 6 minutes after power on, if is in GPS stand and if is GPS turned ON.

With GPS turned OFF or if is powered on out od the GPS mount - it's working.

20140507 - missing max resolution 1296P - only 1080P is avilable.

20140510 - It works, but inserting of GPS tag into video is missing in menu.

Video quality of all fw version is poor. Distant objects are slightly blurred, especially if it is something close to the camera (car interior).

Last edited:
Back