Mini 0803 won't hold charge?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12532
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12532

Evening All,

I received my Mini 0803 earlier on this week and what a great piece of kit it is, when it works!

2 issues:

1.) It works perfectly and boots up fine when connected to the 12v power lead via my car, but when the engine is switched off it powers down instantly, even though the auto-off function is set for 5 minutes. Also, if I unplugged the unit it would flash "low battery" and then turn off.

2.) Plugging in via the USB lead on my computer achieves nothing, its as if the lead is dead. It doesn't flash red to state its charging. This has been tried and tested on 3 different systems.

Do I have a duff battery?

All suggestions welcome!

Battery sounds dud, it should run for 10 seconds or so after power off, the auto off setting is not related to this

So I've plugged it in to my computer this morning and after 5 attempts the red light has it up and it seems to be charging!

Unsure if its worth the hassle of sending back now, considering its only the USB plug and and not the car charger.

Out of interest, I plug it into the mains USB charger and it doesn't work, should it?!

Yes, any USB power source should charge it.

Have you tried a different cable?
And does the car charger charge the camera if you plug it into the camera - if so then it must be the cable at fault, it's just a standard USB to micro USB cable, easy to replace.

Back