Mini 0805 Auto power off question

jege41

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have the (auto power off) set to 5 minutes but the camera doesn't shut down.
My vehicle's 12 volt power supply is constant so I don't want to drain the battery if the car sits for days or even weeks without being driven.

if it is powered it will stay working, the power off function is only to power the camera down when not recording

I have the (auto power off) set to 5 minutes but the camera doesn't shut down.
My vehicle's 12 volt power supply is constant so I don't want to drain the battery if the car sits for days or even weeks without being driven.

"auto power off" works like this: if you pause recording and don't touch any buttons and you have not selected a motion detection recording, then unit will turn off after selected time.
In normal recording mode it will continue recording as long as there is enough voltage and sadly will drain your car battery. You need to connect it to switched power supply in order to stop recording after you turn off car ignition.

"auto power off" works like this: if you pause recording and don't touch any buttons and you have not selected a motion detection recording, then unit will turn off after selected time.
In normal recording mode it will continue recording as long as there is enough voltage and sadly will drain your car battery. You need to connect it to switched power supply in order to stop recording after you turn off car ignition.
I'll try it with motion detection and do a voltage reading on my battery tomorrow night and see if it has a noticeable effect.
Thank you.

I'll try it with motion detection and do a voltage reading on my battery tomorrow night and see if it has a noticeable effect.
Thank you.

If you have motion detection selected, then it will be in constant stand-by start / stop recording and will not turn off after 5 min.
There are few ways for you:

1. hardwire to switched fuse
2. add a battery discharge prevention device ( if you want to use your dashcamwhile car is parked for motion detection recording )
3. manually pause ( stop ) recording every time you leave car. In this case it will turn off automatically after 5min or any other "auto power off" selected time.

If you have motion detection selected, then it will be in constant stand-by start / stop recording and will not turn off after 5 min.
There are few ways for you:

1. hardwire to switched fuse
2. add a battery discharge prevention device ( if you want to use your dashcamwhile car is parked for motion detection recording )
3. manually pause ( stop ) recording every time you leave car. In this case it will turn off automatically after 5min or any other "auto power off" selected time.
I found a cheap device on eBay to bad it wasn't designed for my application, shorter wires and socket plug.
I suppose I could modify it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/151371368616

No I want a discharge prevention device like you suggested but with a male cigarette lighter connector, and the USB female end.
No sense of going to all the trouble of wiring the thing up to the fuse box when I have a perfectly good 12 volt cigarette plug.

Back