Mini 0805 doesn't turn on after longer off time

Frankie1859

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hi guys, please advise. I have new E-Prance mini 0805 with gps and it doesn't turn on after I leave it switched off for at least 1-1.5 minutes. Only blue led is on, nothing else. Reset usually works, but not always. If I turn it on within 1 minute or so after shutdown it is ok. Battery voltage is good, the device behaves so even when it is fully charged. I separated both motherboards several times with no luck. Tried also different firmwares, the issue still persists. Any thoughts? Maybe worth trying to replace battery?

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone, I solved the issue, everything works fine now.

Thanks to everyone, I solved the issue, everything works fine now.

Hi,
I'm suffering the same problem with my 0805.
Can you please tell us how did you solve your problem?

Thank you!

Hi,
I'm suffering the same problem with my 0805.
Can you please tell us how did you solve your problem?

Thank you!
Hi,

I ordered another 0805 from gearbest, because the first (and faulty) one was bought as a gift for my father and I didn't want him to bother with frequent hard resetting etc. So I left the tricky one for myself. But, to be honest, I flashed it with an older firmware from 2014 and looks like it is more stable, even if far from perfect. Now at least after 1 or 2 hard resets it switches on. With latest firmwares (2016 ->) there were often cases I couldn't switch it on at all. Also I want to try 2 card firmware after putting a card into the internal socket. I downloaded lots of firmwares from different sites, wanna try them, so maybe not everything is lost. P.S. I also tried with another battery (almost the same size from my bluetooth headset), but that not solved the issue either.

BR
Frank

Last edited:
Hi, Frank.

I'm still 'fighting' with my 0805. Yesterday I dissambled again it to review the contacts, soldering, etc, and then assembled it again. It still does not turn on.

Next step will be flash the dash cam with an older firmware, like you did it.

Please, could you tell us wich firmware version did you use and where to download from?

Thank you very much in advance, and sorry for my poor English.

Fran_G

Wait until battery is flat, you may turn it on. Maybe 1 week.

Hi, Frank.

I'm still 'fighting' with my 0805. Yesterday I dissambled again it to review the contacts, soldering, etc, and then assembled it again. It still does not turn on.

Next step will be flash the dash cam with an older firmware, like you did it.

Please, could you tell us wich firmware version did you use and where to download from?

Thank you very much in advance, and sorry for my poor English.

Fran_G
Hi Fran_G,

I'm using version dated 2014-12-11, here is the link:

https://yadi.sk/d/7rfVy-32eGVFH

I took it from this great russian article where you can find lots of useful info regarding 0805:

http://mysku.ru/blog/china-stores/29956.html

Just click on blue highlghted titles (spoilers) to reveal additional info. If you have issues with translation please let me know I speak russian like a native.
As I told I'd like to test other former versions to find out which works best for my problematic device.

Best Regards,
Frank

Last edited:
Hi Fran_G,

I've tested the custom firmware from russian site (with higher VBR dated 2014-12-11) and it worked very well - device started every time I started the engine! My mini 0805 is not hard wired yet, still using the
factory cigar lighter adaptor.
BR,
Frank

Back