Mini 0805 faint flickering red led / flashing blue (GPS?!)

micro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
0805 (Front) / Mobius (rear)
Hey guys,

Had a couple of issues recently with my 0805 (sold as 0803 by ePrance) turning off of it's own accord. That issue seems to have fixed itself, however, i've noticed a new thing with it. Whilst in use in the car, it'll flash between blue (bright), and either nothing, or a faint, flickering red.

Thinking it may have been noise produced by my cars alternator, i've tried with the ignition off too, still does it. If I hold the 0805 up in the mount it comes back solid - but still charges with the red light off it seems?

Is the red light a joint GPS/charge light?

Does anyone have any fixes for the GPS mount? I'm going to contact EPrance and see what resolution they offer.

Cheers,

I thought red means charging?

Hey guys,

Had a couple of issues recently with my 0805 (sold as 0803 by ePrance) turning off of it's own accord. That issue seems to have fixed itself, however, i've noticed a new thing with it. Whilst in use in the car, it'll flash between blue (bright), and either nothing, or a faint, flickering red.

Thinking it may have been noise produced by my cars alternator, i've tried with the ignition off too, still does it. If I hold the 0805 up in the mount it comes back solid - but still charges with the red light off it seems?

Does anyone have any fixes for the GPS mount? I'm going to contact EPrance and see what resolution they offer.

Cheers,

Can you post a video from your phone at least to give us a better idea? From what I know, blinking blue means it is recording. Red indicates it is on/charging. So when you have it set to automatically start recording once it receives external power, then yes it would blink between blue and red.

Hey guys,

Cheers,

Ok, here's what I have verified so far. If you turn your unit on without any external power source, the blue indicator light will be permanently lit. If you start video recording, it will blink from blue to off to blue and so on and so forth. Now, for the interesting part, if you plug your unit on any external power source and you have your setting to automatically start video recording or when you decide to manually video record while connected to an external power source, it will blink from blue to red and so on and so forth. But, upon complete recharge, the red indicator light will stop, thus you get the blinking blue on and off (red indicator light extinguished).

Let's summarize...

Solid blue indicator light on (not blinking) = Mini 0805 powered on using built-in battery, not video recording.

Solid red indicator light (not blinking) = Mini 0805 connected to an external power source, recharging, not video recording.

Blue indicator light blinking on and off (red indicator light fully extinguished) = Mini 0805 video recording using built-in battery or when plugged to an external power source built-in battery is full.

Blue and red indicator light blinking at interval = Mini 0805 recording while recharging built-in battery (plugged in to an external power source).

I hope this information helps at all.
:D

Last edited:
Ok, here's what I have verified so far. If you turn your unit on without any external power source, the blue indicator light will be permanently lit. If you start video recording, it will blink from blue to off to blue and so on and so forth. Now, for the interesting part, if you plug your unit on any external power source and you have your setting to automatically start video recording or when you decide to manually video record while connected to an external power source, it will blink from blue to red and so on and so forth. But, upon complete recharge, the red indicator light will stop, thus you get the blinking blue on and off (red indicator light extinguished).

Let's summarize...

Solid blue indicator light on (not blinking) = Mini 0805 powered on using built-in battery, not video recording.

Solid red indicator light (not blinking) = Mini 0805 connected to an external power source, recharging, not video recording.

Blue indicator light blinking on and off (red indicator light fully extinguished) = Mini 0805 video recording using built-in battery or when plugged to an external power source built-in battery is full.

Blue and red indicator light blinking at interval = Mini 0805 recording while recharging built-in battery (plugged in to an external power source).

I hope this information helps at all.
:D

Latest reply in the history of the forum - I totally forgot about my post here!

From my own testing, yes, you are entirely correct. The mount I had for my camera was making poor contact with the camera, causing it not to charge properly. The GPS problem was caused by the same issue. I fixed this by removing the plastic "separators" from the mount, and shortening the screw posts so that the board sat closer to the camera. It now requires a more careful "forceful" fitting, but have had no issues since.

I bought a "Y" cable for micro usb, and attempted to power the camera and mount from this - interestingly enough it causes the camera to shut off and not restart for a minute or so if you supply both mount and camera with 5v externally (My idea was to power both, and pass the GPS data over the data wires in this Y cable).

Unfortunately now, a year on, the memory cards have failed and I have decided to move to try a dual lens, remote DVR system.

Back