Mini 0805 firmware repo

Not sure, there's not much in the way of support for these, its mostly only what people have extracted from their cameras and shared, the hardware sometimes gets revised so that might not always make all versions suitable for your hardware series even if they look the same
So, there is no way to know IF an 0805 fw will work well because potential hardware revision...i knew that have been produced some 0805 versions but i hoped fw would be compatible. It is a hazard then, to flash every (correct) fw.

I've sent an email to E-prance support, let's wait, i'll let you know if (and what) they will reply.

contacting the seller for the correct firmware is always the better option

E-prance Support has sent the original and tested 20150208 fw for E-Prance Mini 0805.
It works perfectly.
In case someone may need, let me know how to upload to the repository.

Hi Everyone
First time forum user here !
I have a mini 0805 that came with fw20141211V1.0
The first thing I did was create a firmware backup!
I then tried to edit the audio file to disable the startup and shutdown sounds. Big mistake!

It did boot up again with out sound, the screen flashed on for about a half a second then went blank!
I did get it going by pressing the menu button as soon as the screen disappeared and it seemed ok it would record and save awesome I thought!

But when I went into the menu options to change settings the menu opened in a yellow screen with all the menu tabs empty. I could see the little spanner symbol at the top but no writing in the sub menus!

So I decided to restore original firmware.

It asked if update firmware I said yes. It seemed to do its thing and I rebooted.

This time when I powered up the screen was on and started to record automatically great I thought! but the menu was still yellow and the tabs were still all blank.

Time to use DirectUSB
Bought an OTG cable and a male male cable installed drivers on pc
DirectUSB
Found 1 AMBA device!
Init Dram ok
Tried my original firmware.bin file to download and it seemed to work disconnected from pc still yellow screen in menu with blank menus :0

I also tried using .elf files but after that had no bootup screen just a red led on

Connected back to USB Direct
Erase Nand
AMBA_USB_EraseFlash Done[0]!!

Memory Test
Fail

Now only get a red led when powered on

Finally My Question
Is it Possible that the ebay supplier was able to flash the firmware on this device with bad internal memory if they new not to load onto bad memory blocks or have I damaged the memory myself by trying incorrect firmware using the wrong . bin or wrong .elf versions?

Many thanks for your response

Hi jokiin

Thanks for the reply
As I said the first thing I did was backup the firmware.

Anyway I'll try that if you could point to a stock firmware version for my 0805 16GB internal memory(2 cards) plus GPS

My 0805 firmware states 805GS 20150513 v1.0

The GPS is awful.. It locks on quick as its above the heated screen but its everywhere around me apart from the actual road I'm on... Switched it off for time being.

Thanks jokiin

I've tried but it wont boot after any of the firmware .bin files I download.

Could you please point to a .elf file for my 2card 0805 GPS with Resolutions: 2560x1080 30P 21:9
as I have been able to download a 1 card .elf file with some success only it turns of after about 40 seconds.
I did have time to turn of the auto shutdown feature but still turns of.

thanks again

as long is it boots up you should be able to load firmware from card, whatever versions are available are on that link though so maybe try something else

as long is it boots up you should be able to load firmware from card, whatever versions are available are on that link though so maybe try something else

I tried all available firmware versions on that link

I saw in another thread a link to a 2card firmware with elf at https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0805/

bottom of page but removed 20141204_0805_firmware_GPS.zip (Removed due to bricking some cameras)

It wont go into the blue screen usb connection mode to place firmware on the card1 and wont see card2 for firmware.bin

I really need .elf to load

thanks

ps
I have 2card unit

Better to ask the seller to get it for you to make sure you have the correct version for your hardware

Better to ask the seller to get it for you to make sure you have the correct version for your hardware

Many thanks

I tried all available firmware versions on that link

I saw in another thread a link to a 2card firmware with elf at https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0805/

bottom of page but removed 20141204_0805_firmware_GPS.zip (Removed due to bricking some cameras)

It wont go into the blue screen usb connection mode to place firmware on the card1 and wont see card2 for firmware.bin

I really need .elf to load

thanks

ps
I have 2card unit

any luck? I seem to have similar problem.

any luck? I seem to have similar problem.

The supplier accepted my 0805 return and sent me a replacement! ;)
I'm happy now that its working and wont be playing around with the firmware

I only wanted to turn of boot sound and shutdown sound but found out I only needed to insert a 3.5mm plug to the av out and it mutes the speaker and turns of the screen

Good Luck

Hi!
I have E-PRANCE 0805 (8Gb+GPS) fw 20150208 v1.0
My device work good, but there are some strange factors. Among them - a few 5-second-long files with current 5-min settings. And not nature russian translation. I want to try change translation and ask you about possibility to flash translation by simple way.

First. I create autoexec.ash file for dumping firmware, but after insert SD card and power on device - nothing happens. What am i doing wrong?
Second - i download firmware (link above) mini0805fw20150115v1.0.7z and unpak it with Ambarella Firmware Tool 1.3.3 ( nice software!) extract translation to language3.lang Question: after change text i must import it into strings.bin and again build firmware.bin for flashing? Where i can see structure firmware.bin?

Thanks.

Hi I need some help. I bricked my mini 0805 and currently trying to fix it using DirectUSB. I need a .elf file for my 2card 0805 GPS. Thanks.

Back