Mini 0805 firmware repo

I have just purchased mini 0805 1 card + gps from amazon and the firmware on it is 20150504 V1.0. I have attached the screenshot from AFT and link to a folder with .bin and .zip if someone interested. Any idea if this is the latest firmware? Haven't tested it much yet so not sure how good it is.

Attachments

• 04052015.PNG
    04052015.PNG
    45.8 KB · Views: 16
Hi,
Just registered on the forums today.
I originally got my 0805 in Dec. 2014 and it came with firmware 20141204.
I've been running the dashcam with the original firmware since, but I've had issues here and there, so I decided to upgrade to the latest firmware.
After installation of the new firmware... every time I hold to up button to get into the menu, it would show the splash screen of the silver car and keeps looping the same way every time I try to get into the menu.
Does anyone else have this issue?

Question:
What's the difference between 1CARD and 2CARD?
I'm assuming that means the # of memory cards the camera has?
My 0805 has 1 memory card slot, so I put the 1CARD firmware version. (I wasn't aware of a 2CARD version, as I don't really follow all this stuff)

Hi,
Just registered on the forums today.
I originally got my 0805 in Dec. 2014 and it came with firmware 20141204.
I've been running the dashcam with the original firmware since, but I've had issues here and there, so I decided to upgrade to the latest firmware.
After installation of the new firmware... every time I hold to up button to get into the menu, it would show the splash screen of the silver car and keeps looping the same way every time I try to get into the menu.
Does anyone else have this issue?

Question:
What's the difference between 1CARD and 2CARD?
I'm assuming that means the # of memory cards the camera has?
My 0805 has 1 memory card slot, so I put the 1CARD firmware version. (I wasn't aware of a 2CARD version, as I don't really follow all this stuff)

Hi,
There is a version of the 0805 that has an internal 8gb memory, the original firmware would have given an option that said something like 'Card' then the option of internal or external - if your camera had the 2 card option.

Sorry can't help with your other problem - good luck!

@L23Tan
If your camera can record videos without memory card inserted it has internal memory and should use 2CARD firmware.
If camera requires MicroSD card to record videos, 1CARD firmware is correct one!

What I've noticed in latest firmware is the menu that allows you to deactivate camera sounds. Set Camera sound to off and became dead silent!

Thank you for the replies SatRat and nei-k.
I can confirm that I do not have internal memory, so... 1CARD it is.
Going to try reinstalling the latest firmware (1CARD) again and see what happens.

Update!

I'm not sure what happened, but after reinstalling the latest firmware (same file from last night/1CARD), using the same procedures... everything works like normal now!

Seeing that I was on 2014 firmware before, this latest one is a big jump and I noticed a lot of new items in the menu.

This is what the latest firmware has, along with my settings, which I'm not sure what the optimal settings are for a few, so I'm open to your suggestions.

Screen 1 of the menu: my settings
RESOLUTION: 2304x1296 30P 16:9
QUALITY: S.Fine
PHOTO SIZE: 13M (4800x2700 16:9)
PHOTO QUALITY: S.Fine

Screen 2 of the menu: my settings
AE METER MODE: Center
WDR: On (what does this do?)
FLICKER: Auto (what's the optimal setting?)
WHITE BALANCE: Auto (what's the optimal setting?)

Screen 3 of the menu: my settings
EV: 0 (what's the optimal setting?)
RECYCLE: 5 min (I'm assuming this means the videos will record in 5 minute intervals per video file)
MOTION DETECT: Off (I don't have it hardwared)
TIME SETUP: -4 (to get my correct GPS time, Eastern)

Screen 4 of the menu: my settings
AUTO POWER OFF: Off (I'm assuming it will turn off when I turn off the ignition and not while I'm driving)
POWER OFF SCREEN: 3 minutes (but will continue to operate while I'm driving)
STAMP: Date/Time
DRIVER NUMBER: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (not sure what this is)

Screen 5 of the menu: my settings
GPS STAMP: On
VELOCITY STAMP: On
G-SENSOR SENSITIVE: 2.5G (what's the optimal setting?)
GPS: On

Screen 6 of the menu: my settings
SPEED UNIT: Km/H
BEEP SOUND: On
LANGUAGE: English
DEFAULT SETTING: (didn't go into it)

Screen 7 of the menu:
FORMAT: (formatted to FAT32 on the laptop)
SOFTWARE VERSION: FW 20160317 V1.0

Thanks.

Update!

I'm not sure what happened, but after reinstalling the latest firmware (same file from last night/1CARD), using the same procedures... everything works like normal now!

Seeing that I was on 2014 firmware before, this latest one is a big jump and I noticed a lot of new items in the menu.

This is what the latest firmware has, along with my settings, which I'm not sure what the optimal settings are for a few, so I'm open to your suggestions.

Screen 1 of the menu: my settings
RESOLUTION: 2304x1296 30P 16:9 Compare with 1080p, you may find quality actually better on the lower resolution
QUALITY: S.Fine
PHOTO SIZE: 13M (4800x2700 16:9)
PHOTO QUALITY: S.Fine

Screen 2 of the menu: my settings
AE METER MODE: Center
WDR: On (what does this do?) Wide Dynamic Range, may give better results at night
FLICKER: Auto (what's the optimal setting?) Don't worry about this if using outdoors
WHITE BALANCE: Auto (what's the optimal setting?)

Screen 3 of the menu: my settings
EV: 0 (what's the optimal setting?)
RECYCLE: 5 min (I'm assuming this means the videos will record in 5 minute intervals per video file)
MOTION DETECT: Off (I don't have it hardwared)
TIME SETUP: -4 (to get my correct GPS time, Eastern)

Screen 4 of the menu: my settings
AUTO POWER OFF: Off (I'm assuming it will turn off when I turn off the ignition and not while I'm driving)
POWER OFF SCREEN: 3 minutes (but will continue to operate while I'm driving)
STAMP: Date/Time
DRIVER NUMBER: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (not sure what this is) You put in your license plate (or any other text) and it'll be part of the onscreen info in the video

Screen 5 of the menu: my settings
GPS STAMP: On
VELOCITY STAMP: On
G-SENSOR SENSITIVE: 2.5G (what's the optimal setting?)
GPS: On

Screen 6 of the menu: my settings
SPEED UNIT: Km/H
BEEP SOUND: On
LANGUAGE: English
DEFAULT SETTING: (didn't go into it)

Screen 7 of the menu:
FORMAT: (formatted to FAT32 on the laptop)
SOFTWARE VERSION: FW 20160317 V1.0

Thanks.

Did you have an option to actually set something in WDR?

if I choose WDR no options appear

I remember when I was changing to different resolutions to test it out, WDR didn't always give me an ON and OFF option... so I think It depends on what your resolution is set to?

That's my guess...

Nice one, just tried it using a different resolution and the option appears

How do you downgrade or factory reset the firmware? I'm not able to bypass the USB Storage mode with the latest 20160328 firmware and I need to try another one.

don't try upgrading when connected to PC, use a power supply, either the included cig lead or connect to something like a mobile phone AC charger

When I connect it to my cars USB it tries to read it as mass storage. I have a 2014 Civic EX in Canada and have two available USBs. This is why I want to know if there is a firmware that exists that has an option to turn off the mass storage option, as seen in the manual i received(however default firmware does not have it). I am NOT plugging it into my computer.

don't use vehicle USB ports, generally the power is too low and they have data connectivity also, not suitable for powering a camera

I just found new firmwares on manufacturer's site.

20160604_A7_805_ZX_1CARD_GPS

Tested and working on my device. Switched from 20160328 and TV MODE (PAL/NTSC) and ADAS options came back for me with this one. (I say this because those menus are disappeared for me with the 20160328)

currently testing

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I cannot seem to download the lastest firmware. It redirects me to a website in Chinese where I cannot seem to find any download link. Would it be possible for someone to post the firmware somewhere else? I would be very happy with it.
Thank you all! :)

Back