Mini 0805 firmware repo

I got a new one (mini 0805) and it comes with firmware 2016-08-26 V2. Cannot find it anywhere online though.

Just received mine from gearbest firmware is 20161111 v2.0

this dashcam seems more than two years old. did they have hardware version 2 now? how can they still update the firmware? where can we get this version?

Just received mine from gearbest firmware is 20161111 v2.0
Any way to extract your firmware Wheelz?

this dashcam seems more than two years old. did they have hardware version 2 now? how can they still update the firmware? where can we get this version?

They release their firmware on this site: http://www.skyhigh-global.com/En/down.aspx?UserInfo_ID=862928
Any other firmwares could be custom made by a seller but I don't think that's the case with mine or the one from Wheelz.

True, the update V2.0 does not work.

Hi everyone!

Had contact with Joy from SkyHigh-Global and asked for the lastest firmware for the Mini 0805. I had to wait a week because of testing but I got it! I waited another week to try it for myself so I wouldn't upload something to you guys that would brick your Mini's :)

It's all good! I find the device to be a little swifter in response. I also think some features were added but I will still have to look into that. I haven't got any old footage to compare anything with now but the video quality is outstanding, especially at night time. Can't believe the quality of this little bugger :D

*Link removed*
Let me know if you find any extras over the former firmware k? :)

Edit: the new firmware is 2017-02-13.
Edit2: I tried only my own model which is the one with only one SD-card and no internal memory. This is confirmed to work.
Edit3: The firmware turned out to be beta-testing firmware, not to be released yet.

Last edited:
not all 0805 cameras are the same so make sure you have a copy of your existing firmware before trying this

not all 0805 cameras are the same so make sure you have a copy of your existing firmware before trying this
This is true, forgot to mention this is for the model which handles only one SD-card and has no internal memory.

It might work on other models but I tried only my own which is as described above.

This is true, forgot to mention this is for the model which handles only one SD-card and has no internal memory.

It might work on other models but I tried only my own which is as described above.

from what I understand there may be other variations depending on build date so still something to look out for even if it looks like the same spec

from what I understand there may be other variations depending on build date so still something to look out for even if it looks like the same spec

I Believe the only differences in firmware are the 1 or 2 SD-card holding versions. In my communication with Sky-high Global no other variables were discussed. Haven't seen different firmware for the ones with or without internal memory but that say anything. It's always good to have backup firmware available.

I Believe the only differences in firmware are the 1 or 2 SD-card holding versions. In my communication with Sky-high Global no other variables were discussed. Haven't seen different firmware for the ones with or without internal memory but that say anything. It's always good to have backup firmware available.

yeah not 100% sure on that but I recall recently they stopped posting firmware for download due to some sort of hardware change so always best to check with them first

Hi everyone!

Had contact with Joy from SkyHigh-Global and asked for the lastest firmware for the Mini 0805. I had to wait a week because of testing but I got it! I waited another week to try it for myself so I wouldn't upload something to you guys that would brick your Mini's :)

It's all good! I find the device to be a little swifter in response. I also think some features were added but I will still have to look into that. I haven't got any old footage to compare anything with now but the video quality is outstanding, especially at night time. Can't believe the quality of this little bugger :D

Anyway, here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4JYr8b8wP9tbk14TV9kYjFINElwTEFOcnVaYWJKNVlQT0tj

Let me know if you find any extras over the former firmware k? :)

Edit: the new firmware is 2017-02-13.
Edit2: I tried only my own model which is the one with only one SD-card and no internal memory. This is confirmed to work.

Hello,
I have installed this new firmware( 20170213)on my Mini 0805 ( one microSD card, no internal memory, original firmware 20161111 V2.0 from Gearbest).
Have not noticed any IQ difference;
Things I have noticed:
Faster power on and power off cycle;
G sensor settings now "OFF- Low- Med-High " instead of numerical values; when triggered, lock symbol appears on whole screen with audible signal
Added screensaver;
Beep sound now has "Off-Low-Med-High" instead of "On-Off" selection (in my test I haven't noticed any difference when choosing);
Biggest surprise is "Sensor Flip", now camera can be rotated like 0806 (might be a bug ?)
Missing battery icon on menu screen, instead it has little power cord/plug in the corner( even if Camera runs on battery power), however in my test it ran longer on battery power than before.

My biggest issue was recording time. No matter what selection chosen (1 min, 3 min, 5min) it only records 1MIN. Clips (tried in different resolutions)!
So I tried to reload my old firmware back (20161111 V2.0 that I've extracted from this camera) and it does not work! I've got the same broken menu screen as it was reported earlier here.
I downgraded to firmware 20160317 V1.0 and my Mini 0805 is working for now

the new firmware is 2017-02-13 has been installed in my mini. testing.

For those who want to upgrade Mini 0805 to FW 20161111 v2.0, I was able to successfully install it on my Mini 0805 (one microSD card, no internal memory, GPS, from Gearbest) by doing this:
Format microSD card in camera and apply camera default settings; download official FW from Skyhigh-global: http://www.skyhigh-global.com/En/down.aspx?UserInfo_ID=862928 ( it's called for Mini0826 with GPS & 1 card only, but after downloading, actual folder called "20161111_A7_805 86_ZX_1CARD_GPS"), and than follow standard FW installation procedure!

Success!

For those who want to upgrade Mini 0805 to FW 20161111 v2.0, I was able to successfully install it on my Mini 0805 (one microSD card, no internal memory, GPS, from Gearbest) by doing this:
Format microSD card in camera and apply camera default settings; download official FW from Skyhigh-global: http://www.skyhigh-global.com/En/down.aspx?UserInfo_ID=862928 ( it's called for Mini0826 with GPS & 1 card only, but after downloading, actual folder called "20161111_A7_805 86_ZX_1CARD_GPS"), and than follow standard FW installation procedure!

Success!

I will stay with the new firmware( 20170213) since I don't really care about 1min.

Hi everyone,

Just updated to 20170213 and a i have a issue with it . stops recording after recycle time (does not matter if it is 1,3,5 minutes). Any workaround? thank you.

One more thing : what represents the blinking red lock ? while moving the camera. However, the video files are present on the card and can be playback.

SD card has been formatted on camera

gxeHtAb.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Just updated to 20170213 and a i have a issue with it . stops recording after recycle time (does not matter if it is 1,3,5 minutes). Any workaround? thank you.

One more thing : what represents the blinking red lock ? while moving the camera. However, the video files are present on the card and can be playback.

SD card has been formatted on camera

gxeHtAb.jpg
Red flashing lock is file lock/protection symbol when G-sensor is triggered. Probably yours is set too sensitive ( try to set G sensor to Med or Hi in camera menu).
Mine was only recorded for 1min!
This FW (20170213) has many bugs, so I downgraded to FW 20161111

Back