Mini 0805 freeze after several hours (card error)

Stigter

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
Mini 0805
Last week i had a drive for more then 10 hours. On the first drive the Mini 0805 just did the job, my sd card a Kingston 64 mb without any errors. Records are fine!

I did a firmware upgrade to 20141204_A7_0805_GPS_1CARD.7z and drove back . The Mini 0805 gave a sd card error just after 4 hours. This occured on the way back and i have tested it at home. It seems to be a problem with this firmware. Is there know issues with this firmware?

I got myself a Samsung Evo 128 gb sd card (formatted fat32 at 32kb)and downgrade the firmware to Mini0805_20141101 V1.0
Now i'm testing the Mini 0805 with a powercord and just put it on.

Do someone else have the same problems?

Last week i had a drive for more then 10 hours. On the first drive the Mini 0805 just did the job, my sd card a Kingston 64 mb without any errors. Records are fine!

I did a firmware upgrade to 20141204_A7_0805_GPS_1CARD.7z and drove back . The Mini 0805 gave a sd card error just after 4 hours. This occured on the way back and i have tested it at home. It seems to be a problem with this firmware. Is there know issues with this firmware?

I got myself a Samsung Evo 128 gb sd card (formatted fat32 at 32kb)and downgrade the firmware to Mini0805_20141101 V1.0

Having the same probs too, tried different cards, different rec. times, different resolutions, GPS/speed on/off and probs still there. I did upgrade too and i think that may be the problem. Contacted Foxoffer and sent them 'invalid files' as they requested but no help from them.

It seems it's a card fault, just worked with a 16 gb card, the loop worked fine. But why in earth was it working oke and now not anymore?

Minidashcam provided me the original firmware, i downgraded my mini0805 to 20141211.v1.0 and now my kingston 64gb is working fine. it solved my problem.
I will test it with my Samsung Evo 128gb, but for now i'm very pleased with Minidashcam.com

I think the problem is formatting, do not format card on computer. I placed card in other device and got the same problems, when i replaced with card not formatted on computer everything is ok, 4 weeks no problems so far.

Thanks for your reply.
The 64 gb sd card is working fine now, but the 128gb sd card is not. Just around the 100 gb i get a io error. The card is tested with software, no failures and the full capacity.

Both.. Formatted in computer. Because when i formatted in camera i get a warning, card to large.

FAT32 or exFAT? Formatted in the camera or computer?

This has always been my mentality when it comes to electronic devices which supports external memory: Format the memory card using the device itself (if the device has it's own formatting capability) and not the computer. That doesn't mean you won't encounter any problem/s along the way. Memory cards are so much abused due to constant usage so expect that it will go kaput someday. Aside from that, some devices do implement memory storage restrictions on how much they can support. But, it is not always true because there are devices which can take exceeded amount of external storage vice what they actually recommend or restrict. Also, remember that the fastest read / write memory card doesn't necessarily mean it's the best for your electronic device. Check to see if your device supports it.

This website has a good explanation on some memory cards that might help you understand them further:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/buying-guide/fastest-memory-cards-money-can-buy

I have found a mistake when I was using fake sd card
did you tried yours with this program http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html
it does take some time, but rather make sure you've got a proper SD card.

Yes i did.
The card is tested with software, no failures and the full capacity.

With the original firmware there is only a problem with the 128 gb card. The Kingston 64gb work as it suppose to do.

Also have a freezes after several hours. DVR work in motion sensor mode (with G-sensor on) day and night. Each morning (sometimes and at the road) I see loading gif
loading.gif
and no one button is worked. Long press on power button also do nothing.
I have 805GS 20150513 V1.0 firmaware from box. I buy 64 Gb MicroSDXC and format it in DVR.
I tried 20141204_A7_0805_GPS_1CARD and Mini0805_20141101 with same effects. On last firmware I also tried another 16Gb card and nothing new with it. Each time I must disconnect Mini 0805 and wait until battery end. All cards tested with h2testw, have full space and very good speed.
What I can do with it?

Turn motion detect off
But I want to see motions on parking and haven't needed space to write all time if car stay, for example, for two days. This very needed function for me. There is no another way?

Motion detect doesn't work well on this hardware, its not going to do what you want reliably

Last edited:
Why had not I heard this before buying...
And I still can not understand how people take care of the car in the parking. Or just do not care...

Back