Mini 0805 - have to manually turn on record

garrycol

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have two 0805s - on in the rear of my car that works great and never had an issue. The other is in the front of my historic car and has always been problematic. Both have 32gb cards.

The one that is the subject of this thread has regularly stopped reading the card and then shuts down. Reformatting the card has fixed the issue so not really an issue. This morning again the 0805 starts up but is not recording and then switches itself off after a few seconds. So went to reformat as ususal but it would not format - just nothing. Connected the 0805 to the computer and it does not recognise the card.

However taking the card out of the 0805 and putting it in the computer showed all files and the disk was only about 1/3 full so it is the 0805 itself that is having trouble communicating with the card. I put in a smaller 4gb card in the 0805 and it communicated straight away but was not recording bit when it hit the "OK" button it started recording rather than on power up.

I then reformatted the 32gb in the computer and out it in the 0805 where is was recognised straight away but like the smaller 4gb card the 0805 will not start recording when it powers up but if I hit the OK button all works as it should. Motion Detect is off.

So any suggestions on how to get the 0805 to auto record when powered up noting that with the exception of reformatting the card from time to time it worked OK - and the other one I have with the same settings works fine.

Here is a pic - note no red record indication.
20170926_130754.jpg

Thanks

Garry

Last edited:
how is the battery, they will start behaving erratically once the battery is starting to fail

Thanks - the battery seems fine - will start Ok on the battery and continues to run - in the pic above it has been on for nearly 4 minutes and the battery is showing about 1/2 full. The battery in my other one is not good but is running OK.

Actually you might be onto something there - I charged the 0805 right up with the phone charger until the charge light was blue with no red and it now works as it should. So as you indicated maybe the battery charge needs to be kept right up or as you indicated the battery is dying.

I guess I now need to do a search to see how I change the battery.

Cheers

Garry

changing the battery is not too hard, you might find when you open it that the battery has started to swell already, can still hold charge and work but will start to get a bit flaky when that happens

Back