Mini 0805 issues

alextz

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I use a Mini 0805 dash cam since December '14 and I want to share my issues experience.
Firmware: 20141125_0805_firmware_GPS.zip
Issues:
  • strange noises: around 1 second long ding, 1 second pause repetitive pattern. Also recorded on video. The noises are disappearing after certain period of time. Occurrence: daily usually at shutdown.
  • strange noises & freeze & black screen (also reproducible on MINI 0803): Sometimes at startup or after shutdown the camera freezes and fast ding ding is continuously played. The screen is black (not powered) and you can not turn the camera on or off. Solution: keep the power button pressed for around 30s. Occurrence once or twice per month.
  • broken display: The display is split in two half black and white half color and some horizontal lines. No OSD text. Occurrence: once. I consider it an isolated issue which was fixed after restart.
  • Video has no sound. Recorded videos are missing the audio part. Occurrence: Daily. I bumped into this issue last month and read over the Internet that even if the mike is not set to mute on the screen is in fact muted. Tried to mute on/off restart, fixed my issue back then. Now i am unable to record a movie with audio. I am unable to find a pattern that could lead to a solution.
  • speed zero:Trying to fix this sound issue I updated the firmware to 20141204_A7_0805_GPS_1CARD.7z but this firmware is not computing the GPS speed (with my camera). I used it for 2 days, the movies had sounds but the recorded GPS speed was always displayed zero (even the GIS were correctly displayed). I rolled back to 20141125.

Beside this I am very happy with the movies quality. The only annoying thing is the missing audio. Has someone able to find a solution for it.

P.S. Is not related to the used player.

Hi Guys.

I bought by Mini 0805 on ebay from foxoffer1, and my camera has broken display, very similar to what alextz described, but it's always broken..
Do you know is there any solution for this? I tried to install newer firmware, doesnt help. Seller is very uncooperative.

Here is a photo how it looks:
mini0805.jpg

Thanks for the answer, so it is not possible to repair this on my own?

Ok, thank you. I don't have any parts so I will try to get a new one from a seller.

Back