Mini 0805 locking up?

Andy B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a Mini 0805 with GPS a week or so ago (no internal memory). I put a Class-10 128GB MicroSD card in and have played around with it a bit. I updated the firmware to 20160328 V1.0 that I found a link for on here. It has locked up on me several times whereby it isn't recording, none of the buttons respond (including the power button) and the screen is on showing the camera image OK however all the counters are stationary. There is also a small mark visible towards the bottom right of the screen that looks like some corruption.
The only way to get out of it is to let the battery run flat.

Anyone else seen this behaviour? Is it an issue with the firmware? Is it faulty hardware?

Andy

Probably it doesn't support 128GB...Try smaller one.
I wander why everybody wants big cards...for me 16 or 32GB is very enough.

I can't believe there is more than one dash cam for sale. Mine works fine for me! (T.I.C.)

OK. I have some 32GB cards so I'll try one of those and see how it works out. I did format the 128GB card using a Windows 7 PC using a tried and tested FAT32 formatter (GUIFormat) and I had read that the 0805 supported these larger cards unlike the earlier versions?

Andy

Format card first using computer, then format again inside the camera. Second step is mandatory to ensure will work corectly!

I review the files on my 0805 on a weekly basis. I use an Android phone with the MX Player App for this purpose.

When I'm satisfied there's no corrupted or missing files, I format the card (64GB Kingston Class 10) in exFAT, using the phone's formatting option in the system settings menu. No problems since I started this practise.

My 0805 Firmware is 20151118 V1.0

Last edited:
I got a Mini 0805 with GPS a week or so ago (no internal memory). I put a Class-10 128GB MicroSD card in and have played around with it a bit. I updated the firmware to 20160328 V1.0 that I found a link for on here. It has locked up on me several times whereby it isn't recording, none of the buttons respond (including the power button) and the screen is on showing the camera image OK however all the counters are stationary. There is also a small mark visible towards the bottom right of the screen that looks like some corruption.
The only way to get out of it is to let the battery run flat.

Anyone else seen this behaviour? Is it an issue with the firmware? Is it faulty hardware?

Andy
I have one of these cameras since Aug 2015 and it is more trouble than it is worth. It has not been working properly since I fitted it. Sometimes recording, sometimes not. Radio reception affected and I even took my newish car back to the dealers to complain not realising was the dashcam. It does not loop once the memory card is full despite changing to a new card, updating the firmware, changing the various options to this and that as recommended/suggested by other users. When I wanted to look at a particular event as evidence on the camera it was one of those time it did not record. Lots of other owners of this model are also experiencing problem. My opinion is 'do not bother' with the Mini0805.

Hello and welcome!
I'm new here.
After fiddling around with GS1000 I finally bought a Mini0805.
The device is ok so far, I'd like to add some experiences:
running smoothly with a 32GB card I changed it to 128GB and found the same as described here, camers seems to lock up, picture is visible but keys dont work, shutting off automatically after ~1min.
Formated the 128GB throroghly (not quick) with computer the camera runs recording ~24h on my desk without locking up.
So I monted it again in the car. And soon, 1 day later it again locked up.
Maybe it still depends on the 128GB.
Next point: 12v to 5V:
different converters on the market gives different results in disturbing radio reception, it is NOT the camera.
So just try some converters.
I have good experiences with 12V-to-USB Plug from WickedChily, it will not affect radio.

Back