Mini 0805 radio disruption & GPS problem

Windybob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. New to the forum so be kind! Posting in the Pistonheads thread about dash cams and finally bought a 0805 and hard wired it into a E91 BMW on Saturday. A few issues I've noticed are the radio signal isn't as strong as it was before the installation and only bad when the camera is on and fine without. Hard wired to the AUX fuse with a kit supplied with the camera from JooVuu. Secondly the GPS thinks I'm in the English Channel when I'm actually in Cheshire? It's fitted in the widescreen on clear glass so should have clear sight. Thirdly and last I am using a Samsung EVO class 10 card and have issues with play back on Registrator Viewer as it plays fine and clear for a few seconds then stutters and then clears and then stutters and so on and so on. Any help gratefully received. :)

Radio signal - does the car use the windscreen as an aerial? If so maybe you can move the camera away from the aerial wires...

GPS - that's an unusual problem, I could understand the North Sea but not the Channel...

The Samsung EVO is a good card, might be worth checking that it is not a fake using h2testw.exe , if it is real then the issue is probably what you are reading it with - try copying the files to your hard drive and see if it plays any better from there...

Just checked my software version and i have FW 20141031 V1.0 guess its an old stock item? card works fine on another computer so suspect its my laptop or card reader. aeriel is in the tailgate as far as i know. Going to try my camera on another GPS base.

I hope you have a 0805 and not a 0803. If you have 45FPS as option you have 0805.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi. Yes have 45p setting and 21.9 resolution. Bought from JooVuu so should be right one.

Hi. yes had some quick and helpful replies. Yes i must have the 0805 withthose options. I contacted JooVuu and they suggest i do a reset and try again and do the FW update.

I come from Pistonheads so not always the case! :D
Are the arguments not all friendly arguments then? :D

What are you using to view your GPS data? We normally use Registrator Viewer, although the recent version of that has some issues displaying the speed from the 0805.

Yeah they can get a bit excited especially when the Trolls appear!

Yes I'm using Registrator Viewer too and find the speed ok. Its on another GPS base at the moment and I'm going to flash the latest FW to it and see what happens.

ok i have flashed the new FW as i tried it on another GPS base and it did the same thing. I have the option for MPH now and its 14041204 version. hopefully that sorts all the issues out. will report back avid followers!!!

What is wrong? Ryman told the 0805 support KM/H to MPH,there should be a stamp setting to switch? also,a good news to share with you, If you sign up for the newsletter you may receive a fdree hardware kit for 0806
as we will be doing a free hardwirr kit for 0806 on this Friday

Last edited:
Hi. I think/hope I've sorted it by flashing the new Firmware to it. I didn't have the option to change from Kph to Mph but now I do and the GPS was putting me in the middle of the English Channel but need to try that next time I use the car. I've ordered a piggy back fuse adaptor and will locate the wiring earth point to see if that stops the radio interference. Cheers.

I've ordered a piggy back fuse adaptor and will locate the wiring earth point to see if that stops the radio interference. Cheers.
If that doesn't work then you could try a different hardwire kit or hardwire using the dismantled lighter socket adaptor, some of these switch mode power adaptors create more electrical noise than others or operate at different switching frequencies which may interfere with the radio frequencies less.

Am having problem with interference on AM radio only. Some sources suggest cheap GPS unit in this camera causing problem.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281517472280Not really keen to spend $200 at auto sparkie for a $100 camera.
I have charger attached via piggyback fuse. Not sure where to shield.

Last edited:
it's more often the power adapter that causes problems, particularly if it's a late model car with amplified or in glass antenna, the best kind of antenna for AM is the old telescopic type sticking out the guard with a large ground plane and good earth, not aesthetically pleasing on modern motor cars though so the type of stuff they use these days don't work that well, when they amplify the signal they also amplify any interference so they easily turn a small interference into a big one

If your using a 12v - 5v USB converter, these often interfere with the radio, adding considerable hiss and clicks to the FM and AM signal, so change this to a 12v socket and USB adaptor; fixes the issue immediately.

If your using a 12v - 5v USB converter, these often interfere with the radio, adding considerable hiss and clicks to the FM and AM signal, so change this to a 12v socket and USB adaptor; fixes the issue immediately.
Thanks Numone for the answer. I guess I should buy a 12V socket (cigarette) attach it to the fuse box as I have with the 12V>5V converter and then plug the 12V cigarette lighter cord with usb on the other end straight into camera

Hi Druggist,

Yes, that's exactly it. I've found those converters to be terrible and it doesn't seem to matter if you pay £2 or £10; they're identical....as in hopeless! I also found with mine it didn't provide a stable voltage either, so the cam was randomly switching off and on whilst driving, so pretty pointless having it.
So, I got this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B003I61DSG socket and this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00KPV9ZSW plug from Amazon UK - I presume they'll have similar available in Oz mate and they work perfectly, with no interference on the radio and a nice stable 5.1v output. Oh and you have a spare USB output as well, which I use for the phone.

Last edited:
Back