Mini 0805 randomly turns off

Akusho

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hello!
For the past few month my camera randomly shuts off, but can then be immediately turned back on by pressing the power button. The behavior is inconsistent - it can run fine for days or can shut off after 10 or 20 min, and then run fine after restarting it for the rest of the drive.
The only options are the 5v power adapter or the camera itself. The camera is approx 3 years old. Has anybody experienced something similar or has any idea what is the more probable cause of the issue?

I agree, format the SD first or change it. If the camera cannot record it will turn off. You can also turn off the "automatic turn off" setting in settings but that will hide the SD card issue.
I found out that my SD cards only last a few months in the freezing North especially before they go bad.

Thanks guys!
I ordered a high endurance SanDisk card, hopefully the issue will be fixed.

depending where you leave, that may be just waste of money. If you're in a cold climate like, I would not bother. Just buy a lot of smaller, cheaper ones and be prepared to replace them. The SD cards are not designed to work in this type of environment unless they are designed for military or NASA. Nor are the batteries that come with the unit. The new supercap-equipped ones are fixing the battery issue in cold climate but not the SD card corruption every few months.

I'm currently 3 years ongoing on this SD card and the issues appeared only a few month ago so I guess my climate is somewhat suitable for SD card operation :). My usual commute to and from work is approx 30 min combined so I'm not writing a ton on the card.

Having a similar problem. It just stops recording. SD card is a Samsung Evo 64 with a U and a 3 inside the U.......

Have read that needs to be reformatted..........xFat ....what's the recommended allocation unit?

Also doesn't turn on anymore with the camera out of the car and not connected to the cable........I thought mine had the capacitor?

Any thoughts?

Mine was fixed once I put in a new card. Has been going strong ever since with no additional issues.

Regarding not turning on without external power I would guess that the battery doesn't hold enough charge anymore due to age.

So what cards do you recommend?.......And thank you for the reply....

Also, why doesn't it turn on anymore when it's out of the car?

Should I get a new one?..........

z

I honestly don't know. You said that it will turn only with a cable connected so I could guess that the battery doesn't hold any significant charge and needs to constantly be charging. I GUESS though.
You say that yours stops recording but doesn't turn off like mine - I'm not certain that our issues are the same. Can you try with any other random card that you might have laying around?
Maybe people with more experience will chime in.

I bought this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00V5Q1N1I

Hello!
For the past few month my camera randomly shuts off, but can then be immediately turned back on by pressing the power button. The behavior is inconsistent - it can run fine for days or can shut off after 10 or 20 min, and then run fine after restarting it for the rest of the drive.
The only options are the 5v power adapter or the camera itself. The camera is approx 3 years old. Has anybody experienced something similar or has any idea what is the more probable cause of the issue?
I had the same problem but found it to be the connection between the power cable and the GPS base, after much messing around I found putting a spacer between the windscreen and the plug at the base hold the cable correctly and I've had no problem since doing this.

Back