Mini 0805 vs Mini 0903 (NanoQ)

kotysoft

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Dash Cam
mini 0805, mini 0903
Hi everyone,

I just made a side-by-side comparison test video. Please read video description. Both RAW links also in YouTube description.

RAW Nanoq: DOWNLOAD
RAW 0805: DOWNLOAD

RAW Nanoq: DOWNLOAD
RAW 0805: DOWNLOAD

AMBA0057[11-27-51].JPG

2016_0819_223903_005[11-26-34].JPG

2016_0822_152106_019[17-18-12].JPG

AMBA0015[17-17-48].JPG

More videos coming soon

Last edited:
unfair: 30 Mbps and 12 Mbps :)
next time, you can try this format of side by side. This is more easier for comparing. :)

Yes, I know, but IMO NanoQ still better ! :)
If you watch the raw or the zoomed car at the end, you'll see. 0805 is very noisy meanwhile NanoQ clear and smooth (as much as possible at this light condition).

BTW also tried with 0329_20mbps firmware, but the white balance sucks.. With nanoq 20160329_20mbps it's full yellow.

Yes, I know, but IMO NanoQ still better ! :)
If you watch the raw or the zoomed car at the end, you'll see. 0805 is very noisy meanwhile NanoQ clear and smooth (as much as possible at this light condition).
what software did you use to zoom in ?
let's try VLC player ! take a frame capture and comparing 2 picture.

take a frame capture and comparing 2 picture.
The side-by-side video made by Corel VideoStudio. BTW I updated first post, and attached 2 pictures

My friend and I has a diccussion when see these pictures. He told: The image of mini 0805 is better. I told the mini 0903 is.
He has a better monitor than me. Hard to say.
:D

** Added a new video to 1st post **

Now for me it's really hard to tell what is better in video quality...

NanoQ looks nicer and pleasing to the eye, but something different in lights. If you watch the electical wires at the top, they're lost in sky, meanwhile you can see clearly at 0805. Also the licence plates is more readable on 0805 from distance. But the overall color temperature... NanoQ is green, 0805 is purple...

But... Not a huge difference and probably decreasing EV a little bit on 0903 could help (or maybe a CPL filter?).

EDIT: Or maybe NanoQ focus point not the same as 0805? Because I manually had to refocus 0805 when I got it.... Should I open 0903 up and make a try?

Last edited:
Colour of imx322 dashcam like 0903 will be better than ov4689 dashcam like 0805. It's deeper, and more colour. The range of colour is larger.
In daylight, dashcam with higher resolution is more detailer and sharper than others.

Ok. Can somebody help me please? I'm going to be mad because of this 0903. This quality is not "bad" this is "unacceptable" !

What can I do now? Is every single unit bleeding in sunshine? With EV-2 settings, why it is much brighter than 0805 on EV-0? And in shadow, it is going to be darker...
Is it firmware or hardware related? Any other sunny test footages available?

It's 2 segments with 2 different settings, meanwhile 0805 untouched since that is working well.

For example, check 00:58 and 05:07 if you dont want to watch the whole 6 mins

Last edited:
Ok, I go for another round now with factory default settings. Will post soon

Still disappointing....

different cameras, different hardware, from different developers, they're never going to look the same

Did anyone already decompiled a Novatek 96655 camera firmware? Is there any chance to find the AE table in code?
I mean there is a tool for A7 A9 A12 firmwares, and there are other ppl who already found some codes in other cameras, but what about Novatek?

Did anyone already decompiled a Novatek 96655 camera firmware? Is there any chance to find the AE table in code?
I mean there is a tool for A7 A9 A12 firmwares, and there are other ppl who already found some codes in other cameras, but what about Novatek?
dont have A12's tool etheir :)

Back