Mini 0805 won't loop when card is full

nicolas.auto

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey guys, i really like my first dashcam...! Only one real problem, i won't delete old unmaked files when the card is full, so i cant really see wich files are marked (locked).

I cant find any option to turn overwrite on or off, could anyone help me?

Thanks!!!

Yeah where is that option? I can't find it anywhere in the menu...

might be named differently, if you can list the options you have and what you've selected can probably point you in the right direction

Thanks for the link to the manual.

I will add a litle more information, i have the loop set to 3 min. so its suppost to be activated, but it will not delete the old videos when the card is full, it will just stop recording and say "sd card error need format" and will turn off after a minute.

Here are the options i have when i go to the menu.

Resolution
Quality
Photo size
Photo quality
Ae meter mode
Ldws detect
Ldws calibration
Flicker
White balance
Ev
Recycle (off, 1 min, 3 min, 5 min) its set to 3 min.
Motion detect
Time setup
Auto power off
Power off screen
Stamp
Driver number
Gps stamp
Velocity stamp
G-sensor sensitive
Gps
Speed unit
Language
Default setting
Format
Software version

I see the "loop" icon on the screen when recording. Any ideas now?

mine had that problem.
I bumped the G sensor setting way up and lowered the clip size down to 1 minute and it fixed it. (at least it appears to have, need to pull the memory card to verify)

Doesn't seem like there is a solution here. We should still be able to set it to 3 minutes and have it loop without error.
Anyone else have feedback here?
I have the same issue. Loop set to 3 minutes, loop icon displayed, but it is hitting the end and stops recording instead of doing what it is supposed to.

what make, model and size of memory card are you using and how is it formatted?

I have a 32gb samsung class 10 48mb/s micro sd card. I didn't think about formatting it. I just plugged it in and went.
Yesterday I used the cameras format. I'll let the card fill up again and see if that works.

what make, model and size of memory card are you using and how is it formatted?

For any one else reading this thread looking for an answer... jokiin pointed it out by asking HOW IS IT FORMATTED?

Potential solution - When you get your new memory card, don't just plug it in and start recording. Use the Formatting tool on this camera to format it properly. Once it is formatted, it will overwrite older videos as it is intended.

Thanks jokiin for bringing this question up!

Last edited:
My cameras would not loop even though I formatted the card in the cameras many times.
The cameras would write all 64GB worth of videos, then start beeping about full card.
I am using Kingston 64GB Class 10 cards.
Recycle is set to 5 min. It writes 5 min chunks just fine, but will not overwrite the oldest. Drives me nuts as I have to pull the cameras and delete via USB.

My cameras would not loop even though I formatted the card in the cameras many times.
The cameras would write all 64GB worth of videos, then start beeping about full card.
Recycle is set to 5 min. It writes 5 min chunks just fine, but will not overwrite the oldest. Drives me nuts as I have to pull the cameras and delete via USB.

What the heck.. I guess I haven't tried the 5 min chunks. I've only done 3 min. Not sure if that is the difference, probably not, although one person mentioned changing to 1 min loops worked.

If only I could get into the main menu, I would try! Just created another thread for that as I cannot bring up the main menu anymore. On all 4 cameras I bought!!!

how are your cards formatted, FAT32 or exFAT?

They are formatted by whatever the camera itself uses for formatting function. They have never been formated by anything but the camera.

Hi guys. Glad I found this thread. We have just bought the Mini 0805 and are having the exact same problem. I started with a Class 10, 32GB card and formatted it in the camera before use. As soon as the card was full I got an error message. I then moved to a Class 6, 8GB card - again formatted in the camera before use - and the same has happened. I have it looped for 3 minutes but when the card is full it stops recording, goes into standby mode and will not turn off. I have to remove the camera from its mount and wait for the internal battery to die. I tried two different Class 6, 8GB cards and the same thing happened. Seriously this is not good - we leave for an overland trip in a week's time - the company we purchased it from is not answering our emails. There will be times when we want to save a clip until we return from our trip and can download to a computer but if it won't loop we will have to format the card/s and lose anything we want to keep. The only thing I haven't tried is a 1 minute loop.

Hi guys. Glad I found this thread. We have just bought the Mini 0805 and are having the exact same problem. I started with a Class 10, 32GB card and formatted it in the camera before use. As soon as the card was full I got an error message. I then moved to a Class 6, 8GB card - again formatted in the camera before use - and the same has happened. I have it looped for 3 minutes but when the card is full it stops recording, goes into standby mode and will not turn off. I have to remove the camera from its mount and wait for the internal battery to die. I tried two different Class 6, 8GB cards and the same thing happened. Seriously this is not good - we leave for an overland trip in a week's time - the company we purchased it from is not answering our emails. There will be times when we want to save a clip until we return from our trip and can download to a computer but if it won't loop we will have to format the card/s and lose anything we want to keep. The only thing I haven't tried is a 1 minute loop.

Try this:

1) Use the dashcam to reformat the card again
2) Set the loop to 1 minute

Try and fill that up before your trip to see if it works.

Back