Mini 0806 2+ years after purchase

DedaStojko

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Ok, here are some thoughts after using 0806 for little bit more than 2 years. I had few initial problems with battery failure because of heat and parking mode in first 3 weeks. Then I replaced it with a new battery that lasted for approx. year and a half and then started to show same symptoms. I was careful not to leave cam on direct sunlight during the hot summer days but that didn't help a lot. Although I'm satisfied with how it works and I had only one issue with card corruption (fixed by formatting easily) my guess is that battery lifetime is a bit too short. I've already made a stash of 3 batteries that will keep everything working for next 4 years at least, but it kind of sucks that people without skills to dismantle it will be forced to throw it away, so I cannot recommend it as good buy.
Other good things are that it is really hard to see in the car, I've forgot to remove it few times when car was on yearly maintenance and it was kind of fun to examine what dealer guys are doing with a car :)
CPL filter is nice addition although it doesn't remove reflection 100% which is understandable. However once during hard braking it has detached and flew directly in the windshield. I had trouble to find it between the panels below the windshield. I thin I've used some kind of small magnet on string to pull it out.
I don't like that most of the time battery isn't powerful enough to see actual footage, so the best way to see the footage is to remove card and download it on PC.
For the next dash cam I'd aim for same resolution or higher, better video quality (especially at night) and wifi so that clips can be transfered easier to iphone or android device.

Back