Mini 0806 (2nd Batch - Gear Best) - GPS issue, poor wiring [DIY Fixed]

I wish I was able to get a replacement dashcam with a working GPS. Oh well, c'est la vie.
You can get it replaced, Rayman gave you permission to attempt a DIY fix in post #43 so there is no problem returning it for a replacement. Even if your supplier wont take it back, Rayman will replace it.

If there is a problem with the wires why they don't use a hot glue?

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi, that wasn,t my question! How do I know if my purchase is a so called Batch 1 or ?
Bee Peed

Read post #27 from Nigel, he answered your question. When you turn the camera on, it depends what color the led lights are, if the top one is red, those are batch #1 cameras. If the top one is blue, those are batch #2 , or later cameras.

Well done,

The GPS should update 1 time every second. Best viewed in "Registrator Viewer" software.

The 0806 should shut down 10 seconds after loosing power, not immediately.

I have the non GPS model, and I went into a store for 18 minutes, and mine never turned off, it recorded the whole time I was in the store.

then it's a car problem not a camera problem, you might find you're lighter socket stays live for a while after key off
Some cars have accessory power for up to 5 minutes if the doors are not locked with remote.

Some cars have accessory power for up to 5 minutes if the doors are not locked with remote.

I didn't lock that car with the remote, but the camera ran for a lot longer than 5 minutes. And to be honest I said the camera turned off after I unplugged it, but actually I just guessed at that, because it was a couple of weeks ago and I haven't used it since then. I'll pay attention when I use it again, and that will be soon now that the weather is starting to really warm up now. I wonder why some cars still have accessory power after the engine is not running, and the key is removed ? I know on my newer car the headlights stay on for a bit after I get out of the car, and I think I can set something for how long I want them to stay on.

The cigarette lighter socket in my car is alwyas powered on, even if I switch off the ignition, so I had to buy a piggy back fuse thingy and hardwire the mini 0806 directly to it.

iu

some cars here the accessory circuits run up to an hour after key off
My car has lights on for a while after keys are out.
It is designed that way so we can have light walking into the house etc. specially in the dark.
But as soon as I double lock with remote, everything is off.
That may be what's happening here.

My car has lights on for a while after keys are out.
It is designed that way so we can have light walking into the house etc. specially in the dark.
But as soon as I double lock with remote, everything is off.
That may be what's happening here.

I haven't driven this car since yesterday, I just went out to the garage, car not running, no key in the ignition, I pushed in the cigarette lighter and it fired up. I never used that cigarette lighter before. So that socket never turns off in that car.

The cigarette lighter socket in my car is alwyas powered on, even if I switch off the ignition, so I had to buy a piggy back fuse thingy and hardwire the mini 0806 directly to it.

iu

So you just plug that thingy into the fuse box ? Do you get that at an auto supply store, or an electronics store , Radio Shack etc . ? Did you use the hardwire kit for the 0806, and hook it up to that ?

So you just plug that thingy into the fuse box ? Do you get that at an auto supply store, or an electronics store , Radio Shack etc . ? Did you use the hardwire kit for the 0806, and hook it up to that ?
Yes, plug it into the fuse box. You have to use two the same fuses (ampere). I bought it at an auto supply store (Belgium). I don't use a hardwire kit. I also bought this (the bottom female connector, see photo) and connected it to the piggy back fuse thingy. The negative wire, is the ground wire, connected to the chassis of the car.

iu

Mini 0806 dash happening for a long time after the connection to the satellite's camera? What can be done about it?

I didn't lock that car with the remote, but the camera ran for a lot longer than 5 minutes. And to be honest I said the camera turned off after I unplugged it, but actually I just guessed at that, because it was a couple of weeks ago and I haven't used it since then. I'll pay attention when I use it again, and that will be soon now that the weather is starting to really warm up now. I wonder why some cars still have accessory power after the engine is not running, and the key is removed ? I know on my newer car the headlights stay on for a bit after I get out of the car, and I think I can set something for how long I want them to stay on.

Do you know what brand your adaptor is ? And I've looked at quite a few of them now and the ones I've seen say 10 amp maximum. Does it require a 15 amp fuse for the 0806 ? There are three different sizes of the fuses (physical size) For older cars the Standard , is category ATO or ATC, the Mini size is ATM, and I forget what the letters are for the Micro size fuse. The picture you show looks like the Mini size (ATM). The vast majority of people that ordered on Amazon are complaining that they ordered the wrong size, not realizing there are different (physical) size fuses. The Standard size for older cars is the biggest size. So again, do you know, is a 15 amp fuse is what is needed for the 0806 ?

You can use a Mini fuse in a Normal/Standard (ATO) fuse slot. Ordering a Mini fuse will work for both versions. I think is very rare a car which have Maxi fuses these days.
In that picture of Retired Guy is a Mini fuse.

Car fuse sizes.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

You can use a Mini fuse in a Normal/Standard (ATO) fuse slot. Ordering a Mini fuse will work for both versions. I think is very rare a car which have Maxi fuses these days.
In that picture of Retired Guy is a Mini fuse.

View attachment 11579

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks Mtz. Do you know how many amp fuse is needed for the 0806 ? The fuse adaptors I've seen online to add a circuit seem to all say the adaptor is rated for 10 amp maximum. Would that be enough for the 0806 ?

Thanks Mtz. Do you know how many amp fuse is needed for the 0806 ? The fuse adaptors I've seen online to add a circuit seem to all say the adaptor is rated for 10 amp maximum. Would that be enough for the 0806 ?
1 amp is more than enough for the 0806 so a 3 amp or 5 amp fuse is what would normally be used. For safety, ideally the fuse would be a less than the rating of the hardwire kit and any wiring you are using so probably 1 amp.

Back