mini 0806 - Battery Low message then turns off in seconds - no base to camera power?

mmusa

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received my new mini 0806 on Jan 16 and it appeared to be receiving power from the base to the camera. I only used it two or three times since then. Today I turned on the 0806 and received a red blinking "Battery Low" warning and within 5 to 10 seconds the camera shut off. I checked the attachment of the base to the camera, the 4 metal pins and the 4 metal inclined metal contact "ramps" and all appeared to be in order. I checked the operation of the usb power plug using my mobile phone and it works fine. So it appears that regardless of whether I connect to the front or the back usb jack on the base, I no longer can power the dash cam. The same scenario happened each time I tried to connect the camera and/or turn it on: Red blinking low battery light followed by shutoff after 5-10 secs. I am using a 32 GB memory card (Micro Center) which had been working fine.

Can someone suggest a remedy or should I just consider this a defective unit. I had read somewhere else on the web that there were issues with the connector design but I did not come across such conversation on the current forum. Thank you very much for your assistance and recommendations.

Interestingly I fitted my unit to the windscreen last week-end and have had the same problem occurring.

There have been a few issues getting power from the base to the camera with some of the first batch of these cameras so you should probably treat it as a defective unit. If you are having it replaced then it would be sensible to request that it is replaced by one of the second batch to ensure you don't have the same issue twice.

You could check that it works if you plug the power cable into the camera direct.

Back